Parents Hair question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our only requirement is that hair be off of the face. I would say that the most popular style for girls on dd's team is the spider web to a single high ponytail that is either straight, curled or braided. However, there are french braids, two pony tails and some other variations too. Not many buns, if any at all. I'm so glad buns aren't required for our team. My youngest dd's hair is so thick, that I don't think I could get a bun to stay up in her hair. I have a hard enough time getting just one ponytail to stay up because her hair is so heavy.

DD's favorite style is curls (yuck, with her hair this takes forever). The other thing I like to do is divide her hair in half like you would for two pony tails. Then I start at the top of one side with a little ponytail and then move down, pull in more hair plus the hair from the first ponytail and so on. I usually put in at least 4 or 5. Then I braid the ponytails and loop them up. Her hair could stay like this for about a week! :D

Tonight we are going to do the spider web thing to a single pony and roll it for curls. We have to leave for state at 9 tomorrow since we have a 3 hour drive, and there's no way I'm getting up early to do hair!

HC likes pulled back off face to a bun for L3. The L4 & up usually just do a pony tail. I do the spiderweb to a bun. Scruncie that matches Leo around the bun.

My daughters team uses buns with the scrunchies. Thankgoodness I am horrible with hair. Some of the other gyms have all the curls that looks like alot of work they look cute but almost too cheerleaderish I think the buns look neater.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back