Hello Everybody

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

J

jsfofec

I"m new here (newly registered) although I've been reading the forums for a long time. My daughter is 11 years old and is level 8. It's been a real battle for her getting her bars and vault right at this level although she's fine on floor and beam. It's great to now officially being part of this family!

Welcome! CB is a great place to be. I also have an 11 yr old...she is nowhere near L8, though! ;) My 11 yr old is competing Xcel gold right now with hopes of being a 6/7 next season. Floor (tumbling) has been her challenge, along with vault.

Welcome! CB is a great place to be. I also have an 11 yr old...she is nowhere near L8, though! ;) My 11 yr old is competing Xcel gold right now with hopes of being a 6/7 next season. Floor (tumbling) has been her challenge, along with vault.
She'll be there before you know it! Gymnastics is like a marathon, just enjoy the ride

Welcome! My daughter is also a Level 8. ( 13) She has had some serious mental issues with the Yurchenko. She can do a lovely one in the gym but has yet been able to transition it to a competition. (she's a bit mental lol) She has been competing the round off BHS full twist instead.

We recently changed gyms (as in a week ago) and the new gym has her working Tsuks now. New coaches are trying to take some pressure off of her. Old gym wouldn't allow her to do Tsuks so this is a whole new experience for her.

Good Luck to your daughter, she will be there :)

My DD works on her Tsuk and Yurchenko at practice, but her coach will only let her do her level 7 vault at meets. She won't allow her to compete either until she knows she's 100% safe

Welcome. I also have an 11 y.o. Level 8 - she is in the exact same situation as your dd with vault. Competes front handspring while training the flipping vault. Our coach is also conservative with the flip vault, not willing to risk injury or a confidence issue till the vault is 100%. My dd struggles with the idea that you are walking into a meet knowing you do not have a chance to win (without the "real" vault). I hope you enjoy it here! It's a great place.

Yeah, it frustrates DD also knowing her vault has a 9.0 starting value. She's learned to deal with it. She realizes she probably won't have a vault the entire season. Her goal is just to qualify for regionals and if she can do that without a vault, she'll be happy. Her coach is having her look at the big picture, not just what she is doing today, but where she wants to be next season and the season after that. This season is just a stepping stone to the next one.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back