Help with straddle lever.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L

LoveLife.do.gym

Hi everyone,
Just wondering whether anyone has any tips/tricks or drills that could help me get my straddle lever.It would be much appreciated as it seems to me like my arms are too short hehe.
Thankyou
P.S. I think I have strong enough arms as we do press ups and chin ups as conditioning all the time!

Well, the tip on this is having core strength. You say you do conditioning all the time, so I'll trust your word that you are very fit and strong. Are you trying to do it into a press handstand? If you aren't though, the secret is actually to focus on getting your feet off of the ground. Pushing up, your legs should come off the ground but your feet might be holding them down.. Focus on getting your feet up and a lot of times it is VERY simple. If you want to go into a press handstand, let me know and I have totally different advice! Good luck, reply, and have a nice day/night.

~reply please :)

Do a lot of straddle lever holds. Doing it on parallettes makes it a bit easier to give you some clearance. Quite often I have the girls and boys do them on beam either with a leg on each side or facing to one side.

Hanging straddle-L is similar and a bit easier.

Sit in a straddle, place your hands on the floor in between your legs to the side of your knees. Lift your heels off the ground for reps or hold until your hip flexors scream.

Thankyou very much I will try out some of those tips, at the moment I am just working on straddle hold and after that I will progress to a press to handstand.
Thankyou and I have also heard that if you sit in straddle and lift your feet with lots of repetitions of this it helps as well.

~Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it~

Oops sorry I just realised that I wrote the same as blairbob.Sorry.

~Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it~

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back