Help!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymmonkey96

I just cant seem to get a hollow body hold, we do them for conditioning but i just cant seem to get the smaill of my back on the ground. Does anyone have any tips??

Make sure you are keeping your shoulders off of the floor, and not lifting your feet too high.

Also, if you are currently putting your arms on the sides of your head - try putting your hands on the tops of your thighs. Don't use them to pull - just rest them there.

Good luck!

Bend your knees until your back is pressed down. Begin to straighten your legs as you get stronger.

I think it's a matter of building enough stomach, leg and back muscles. About a month ago, I re-started gym and I was exactly the same (couldn't get my low back on the ground) but NOW I can do it fine.
All you have to do is keep training and doing your conditioning and you will see the difference when you build more muscle.

What our coach tells us to do when we are having trouble with hallow holds is to put your thumbs on ribs, and middle fingers on hips then try to make them go closer. I know it sounds confusing, but it works.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back