Parents Her time has come to say goodbye

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Last night my oldest dd (17) had her last practice, she is officially done with training gymnastics. It's crazy to think she's done, mostly because she was my first born, and my first to ever step foot in a gym. There were a lot of tears last night, it was sort of heart breaking seeing her say goodbye to everyone. She loves all the girls at the gym like her own little sisters.

As for me, I'm not sure what to think, I've learned so much in her 15 years of being in the gym, not just about gymnastics, but about kids in general. I put her in this sport waste a little energy she has, who knew it would lead to her spending the rest of her school years in the gym. This was the first year my oldest dad and my youngest dd got to train together, and I think the most heartbreaking thing that was said that night was by my youngest dd(8), she said said to my oldest dd "I'm never going to do gymnastics with you again", I just started crying when she said that.

I guess I'm going to finish this post by saying, it been a crazy 15 years in the gym with her, and I can't thanks all of her coaches enough that helped her grow as a gymnast and a person, next for her we have high school graduation, I really don't think I'm ready for that one, I'm going to need more than tissue box.

Breathe.... BTDT and what helped "me" (not that it's about me at all, lmao) was having another DD gymmie. For us, it was also the first year that oldest and youngest trained in same group. But ultimately, what got us through was seeing how happy my oldest became after she found her new sport/activity.

It is hard to finally see it all end but I am sure she off to bigger and better things! Good luck to her!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back