WAG Higgins Roll to Bail Value?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Boatergal

Proud Parent
Does anyone know the value of a Higgins Roll? My DD said she was told it was a C. I saw one place online that said a B. She also said it counts as a release since you let go of the bars to regrip prior to connecting it to the bail. I just can't see this being worth much in her routine. Looks great though!

a higgins in handstand is a C. out of the required angle makes it a B. letting go of the bar to roll is not a release but could be counted as a forward grip because the hand is in a "L-grip". so, are you saying she is going to do a giant to higgins and then bail? that's tough to do. the letting go of the high bar to swing over low bar is the release part.

She is doing a giant, higgins roll at 12 oclock then swinging down but stopping the down swing at about 2 oclock, letting go to regrip then swinging directly into a bail. Does that makes sense?

What your D is doing is a Higgins (C) - front giant 3/4 with hop to overgrip (0) - bail (B unless to handstand). (From what you describe the bail is not coming from a handstand, so it would only get the C value in L9 if it goes to HS.)

The Higgins counts as an LA turn, and the bail can count as a B release.

The front 3/4 hop to overgrip does not count as a release, and it is actually a .1 compositional deduction. It also breaks the C + (B/C) combination.

What your D is doing is a Higgins (C) - front giant 3/4 with hop to overgrip (0) - bail (B unless to handstand). (From what you describe the bail is not coming from a handstand, so it would only get the C value in L9 if it goes to HS.)

The Higgins counts as an LA turn, and the bail can count as a B release.

The front 3/4 hop to overgrip does not count as a release, and it is actually a .1 compositional deduction. It also breaks the C + (B/C) combination.
ty

Well then I am not sure why they are having them do this vs. a standard piroutte to bail. What could possible be the benefit?

She is doing a giant, higgins roll at 12 oclock then swinging down but stopping the down swing at about 2 oclock, letting go to regrip then swinging directly into a bail. Does that makes sense?

yes, understood. the regrasp is worth nothing.

What i read here is, blah blah blah "super hard things are happening" blah blah....my dd is going to get hurt or something is going to cost more money.... Blah blah....

Lol I love threads like these!

That was my thought as well. I have NO idea what these skills are! Should look them up but would probably scare me :) DD has a couple of years to go before getting to this stuff and I MOST DEFINITELY WILL NOT be there to see the beginnings :)

That was my thought as well. I have NO idea what these skills are! Should look them up but would probably scare me :) DD has a couple of years to go before getting to this stuff and I MOST DEFINITELY WILL NOT be there to see the beginnings :)

Haha... Yeah, once she got to Optionals, I quit watching practices. When the phone rings during gym time... there is that split second that I always get a sick feeling. :eek:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back