Parents JO Nationals hotel reservation warning

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

amiandjim

Proud Parent
Hey all,

I just wanted to post a quick word about JO Nationals in Indy this year. Since we live a couple hours away, I told DD we could go watch some of the girls from her gym, but noticed hotel reservations on the meet page aren't available yet. In the meantime, DH and DS have signed up to run the Indy Mini Marathon (which is the largest half marathon in the country) and it's the same weekend. Hotels are pretty expensive and I would expect them to book quickly! We did book a room at the Embassy Suites for $178 via the Mini website , so hopefully the JO Nationals site will have good group rates when they open in January. I kinda just wanted to post a warning for those who think your gymmies might compete that weekend, it's going to be very crowded and things will book quickly so don't wait!

It might be just me but no matter how sure I am that my DD would make it to nationals I don't think I would make the reservations. I am a little superstitious in that aspect and think it is bad karma.

I will wait until she qualifies...

Oh I totally get that....I have just been in Indy during the Mini Marathon for several years and I know how crowded it gets down there. I was genuinely surprised they were the same weekend.

It might be just me but no matter how sure I am that my DD would make it to nationals I don't think I would make the reservations. I am a little superstitious in that aspect and think it is bad karma.

I will wait until she qualifies...

lol, it's not just you. I waited till my daughter qualified for westerns last year before I booked the trip to Montana... the cost of booking that flight so close (2 weeks out) with the high demand after the weekend of regionals was pretty painful!

but did not learn my lesson - will wait again this year to see if she will qualify for Nationals.. will be tough in our region and her age group unless her bars greatly improve

Where is the meet held? I may try to book in advance, but would like to narrow down my search to the right area.

I believe it is at the convention center downtown Indianapolis. There are several hotels that actually attach to the convention center by walkway, which is really nice. We like the JW Marriot and Westin but they were fairly pricey that weekend. Ended up booking the Embassy Suites (a couple blocks away from convention center but very walkable) via the Indianapolis Mini Marathon website for $178/night.

I live in Indy. Any hotel downtown is close to the covention center. Indy is one of the most walkable cities. Check out the Hyatt regency its super close and attached to the mall circle center. For something unique check out the crown plaza. It's in an old train station. Pretty cool

anyone know how/when to get tickets to this? Our family lives in Indy, so we were going to use this as an excuse for a trip up!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back