Parents JO Vacation/attendance policy?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

View attachment 7211 View attachment 7212
Here’s a bit of comparison for you- consecutive seasons. First photo is when DD went to a punishing 7 day a week, don’t take time off, don’t get sick, work while injured abuse factory. Second photo is new gym, after she missed six weeks and came back to a relaxed 4 day a week gym- that understands that life and school have important commitments too. She competed completely different skills for each pictures- totally different. No, my child isn’t going “places” in gym, but this specific comparison speaks for itself.
How much time did she take off during the second photo

B
View attachment 7211 View attachment 7212
Here’s a bit of comparison for you- consecutive seasons. First photo is when DD went to a punishing 7 day a week, don’t take time off, don’t get sick, work while injured abuse factory. Second photo is new gym, after she missed six weeks and came back to a relaxed 4 day a week gym- that understands that life and school have important commitments too. She competed completely different skills for each pictures- totally different. No, my child isn’t going “places” in gym, but this specific comparison speaks for itself.
otnjust important commitments like life but a physical holiday where she took 2.5 weeks off gym

Reactions: sce
I

I feel like no parents understand the actually commitment and hard work goes into the coaching staff. Every parent on here is happy to complain that the coaches don’t have their gymnasts best interest at heart. As Nadia’s god daughter and To call svetlana my “aunt” who isn’t my aunt but family friend you should all be disappointed in yourselves to try and understand a coaches aspect
My DD was coached by Geza and actually got to say hello to Nadia on the phone once (highlight of that summer!), and I assure you that neither he, nor any other coach has ever questioned my DDs dedication. She has it in spades.

N
My DD was coached by Geza and actually got to say hello to Nadia on the phone once (highlight of that summer!), and I assure you that neither her, nor any other coach has ever questioned my DDs dedication. She has it in spades.
not questioning ur dds commitment. I’m questioning when parents complain on this forum about their dd not getting where their parents want their dd to get when they are taking weeks off from the sport when the coaches don’t want them too

Reactions: sce
I

I feel like no parents understand the actually commitment and hard work goes into the coaching staff. Every parent on here is happy to complain that the coaches don’t have their gymnasts best interest at heart. As Nadia’s god daughter and To call svetlana my “aunt” who isn’t my aunt but family friend you should all be disappointed in yourselves to try and understand a coaches aspect

On the flip side, some coaches don’t understand the parents commitment to make sure the raise well rounded children into good, happy, productive adults! Parenting a gymnast so HARD. Believe me, we wake up in the night and wonder if the decisions we are making and the sacrifices we see our kids making (their choice) is the right one!

She took six weeks off to do a college summer semester in Italy. She was off. She conditioned in the abandoned lot next to her host family’s apartment, but she was off.
So those scores u showed was from one year of consective training and competing. And then the second photo was from the 6 months she took off from training and then came back into the sport and scored that the same year of her taking 6 months off

On the flip side, some coaches don’t understand the parents commitment to make sure the raise well rounded children into good, happy, productive adults! Parenting a gymnast so HARD. Believe me, we wake up in the night and wonder if the decisions we are making and the sacrifices we see our kids making (their choice) is the right one!
Exactly. So if ur coach is saying don’t take time off and you do. Don’t complain about the gym

So those scores u showed was from one year of consective training and competing. And then the second photo was from the 6 months she took off from training and then came back into the sport and scored that the same year of her taking 6 months off
Yes, her first set was from consecutive training, 28-32 hours per week, the second picture was the season that followed her six weeks off. She switched gyms that season and was at a much lower hours (16) gym that allows kids to miss as their families see fit.

There is such a thing as burn out, and imo it’s worse than a vacation.

I

okay, not sure where to go after the Nadia card is played

A
Yes, her first set was from consecutive training, 28-32 hours per week, the second picture was the season that followed her six weeks off. She switched gyms that season and was at a much lower hours (16) gym that allows kids to miss as their families see fit.
nd how much time after those 6 months off did she compete

Truth!! I’m at a gym where the coaches recognize this. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

I
it honestly disgusts me the amount of parents who winge and complain that their coaches don’t have the best interest for their child when there’s ten other children they have to worry about. I am so greatful and glad that I am apart of one persons like that no matter how disrespectful some parents are the sport I know what it used to be like

I

it honestly disgusts me the amount of parents who winge and complain that their coaches don’t have the best interest for their child when there’s ten other children they have to worry about. I am so greatful and glad that I am apart of one persons like that no matter how disrespectful some parents are the sport I know what it used to be like

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about at this point.

I am so greatful to be lucky enough to be raised around true sportsmanship with the sport. Before all the politicalness and wingey parents. To be a child and not only watch but to be apart of what this sport calls history. Utterly upsets me when parents are asking if time off is an issue. Nadia worked her *** off to be where she
Exactly what? She scored better at a more relaxed gym after a significant break than after training incessantly non-stop. Exactly I’ve made my point? Or... ? Any kid taking time off in summer will have training time between when they come back as when they compete.
she came back and trained after 6 weeks. She didn’t miss out during a competition season. She took time off and came back to train her *** off. Do you not see that it is disgusting to think a parent should be ok about taking their
Gymnast out of training and expect their child
To be chosen over another for whatever reason.

I am so greatful to be lucky enough to be raised around true sportsmanship with the sport. Before all the politicalness and wingey parents. To be a child and not only watch but to be apart of what this sport calls history. Utterly upsets me when parents are asking if time off is an issue. Nadia worked her *** off to be where she

she came back and trained after 6 weeks. She didn’t miss out during a competition season. She took time off and came back to train her *** off. Do you not see that it is disgusting to think a parent should be ok about taking their
Gymnast out of training and expect their child
To be chosen over another for whatever reason.
You think Nadia worked her *** off for some parent to say I want to take my kid away for a holiday and come back and be upset if the coaches are cut because I’ve taken her on a holiday. The way I see it is if u want to be apart of a gym team atmosphere you abide by the rules like ever other person there. Just because it doesn’t suit you doesn’t mean you can be apart of the team and do what you want

Ya know, maybe it's better if the OP realizes now that she's in a gym that is more concerned about being a super gymnast instead of being a well-rounded and happy child with the ability to be a great gymnast and have happy child/family (if that's truly the case). It's made me very aware that there are some gyms/coaches that are more concerned about being a gymnast and nothing else should matter. I wouldn't want my child at a gym like that so knowing ahead of time would be a great thing. Commitment is one thing, denying doing anything besides living/breathing gymnastics is another and that's the impression I'm getting from one poster. I don't think any parent is complaining about their child's placement. My kid was out of gym for 2 weeks after level 5. She believes she could have been a 7 the following season but competed 6 because of the time off. Neither she or I complained and neither of us would have made a different choice.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back