WAG Just a little brag...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

stxrdusty

Coach
Gymnast
Today was my first time vaulting in 18 months since I injured my ankle and while I'm a little sore from it (and trying a little tumbling, I made a front handspring, layout, layout too) I couldn't be more excited! I'm missing the last season I could compete in JO, but I'm still happy.

If anyone can take something from this, its that you should never give up on your dreams! I had a doctor tell me to quit gym last May (and one of my coaches kinda agreed...), but I stuck it out, had surgery, and am finally coming back! If a marginal 18 year old level 9 can do it, anyone else can.

Thanks for reading, have a lovely night, or day if you're not from the US. :)

Super happy for you! That kind of perseverance will serve you well through out your entire life. Those are the types of lessons we hope all our girls will take away from the sport. My only caution would be very careful and make a slow come back. I know it is exciting to be able to do things again, but listen to your body. Congrats! :)

Thanks so much! (For the caution reminder as well.) I can't believe I'm finally getting to do what I love again. Its a great feeling.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back