Off Topic Leg conditioning ideas

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does anyone have any leg conditioning ideas that don't involve squatting or a lot of pounding? I used to squat like nobody's business with weight but squats aggravate my old knee injury so I'm trying to find other leg conditioning to do!

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone have any leg conditioning ideas that don't involve squatting or a lot of pounding? I used to squat like nobody's business with weight but squats aggravate my old knee injury so I'm trying to find other leg conditioning to do!

Thanks in advance!
Have you thought about modified squats... that is what OG has to do because of her knee... I do them too (no cartilage in either knee). There are also the standard: leg lifts, toe raisers and heel dips (works great to do them together), Hamstring stretches (I prefer doing them in the pool with my leg on the ledge or top step). Calf stretches (both straight legged and bent knee versions to get at both parts of the calf).

Instead of going down into a full squat, you only go part way (OG goes until the point where pain starts, then knows to go "not quite" that far for the rest... I go until the first cracking sound). Make sure to keep your back perfectly straight when you do it. Hold for a 3-count. Repeat the desired # of times... Now in PT, they had me doing modified squat thrusts... same thing, but you jump out of the squat (I only did these in water because the landing would be too jarring for me on land).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back