Leotard Design Requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Optionals United

Moderator/Gymnast
Coach
Gymnast
Well first off, who chooses your team leos? If so does the person who chooses them ask for the parents and gymnasts imput? I know the girls hc and the optional always got together and choose their leos and the compulsaries did the same. we would then present them to the owners to get them approved. The optional girls always wanted blank in the arm pits, a nice design but nothing to overboard and my coach always wanted somthing super simple.
If you could create the perfect comp. leo what would it look like? black,pink,simple,crazy,bedazzled??:D

Plan mystique fabric ( club colour - ours is green) with some abstract lines on the front. All comp leos should be long sleeved - thats what we like - simple, elegant, possibly a little bit of bling on the front, but not below the waist as it just rubs offf on the bars.

Both myself and the other head coach choose our squad leos.
We like ours simple, as we aren't a flashy club - quite a disadvantaged area so we have to keep our costs as low as possible. We rent our leos out for £8 per competition - works out much cheaper for the parents and means that once we have made a slight profit on the leos we can change the kit again and keep 'fashionable' (every 3 years or so)
The leotards must be long sleeved and be in club colours (black and purple - white and silver can also be incorporated)

The seniors wear these:
comp leo.jpg
Juniors wear these:

juniorleo.jpg

Juniors are getting new ones after Christmas!

OUr club the owners and the HC of the optional gymnasts and the compulory decide together at least that is what they tell us but in the end its the owners wife that seems to have the final say.

Black with a bright color design/swirl type of thing (team color), 3/4 sleeve, comfy, light weight, with lots of sparkle :) Not a crazy, busy design, but I like the rhinestones and glitz. We currently have very simple leos which are nice and elegant, but we don't stand out.

Gymnast design them at my gym.... Most of the girls want black on the bottom (the older girls don't want to have time of the month problems) but for me I don't really care what color the bottom is. Our colors are bright blue and lime green so we have a basic black and the silver one with blue, lime green and white stripes (yes we do have two comp leos and then the same of those two in tank leos and then then black celebrity and sliver warm up). Its the snowflake celebrity leotard. If I were to design mine I would want something like Shawn Johnson wore in the 2007 visas either the white or the blue and orange. (I would like any of her leos :) she has amazing leos and a great sense of fashion)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back