Level 5 sectionals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what AA score is required for sectionals in Pennsylvania for level 5. My daughter is new to gymnastics and just finished her first meet EVER with an AA score of 30.95. thanks to all!!:)

Not sure about Pennsylvania but in Missouri the mobility score is 31.0 AA. She is Soooooooo close!! My dd's second meet of the year L5 was a 30.95 also! How many more meets does she have before states? Since this was her very first meet ever she now knows what to expect at a meet and her scores will go up during the season because she will be more confident and maybe less nervous!

31 in PA too. Then a 33 at Sectionals to qualify for States.

QUALIFYING SCORES FOR ALL LEVELS | PA Women's Gymnastics

Maybe we'll see you there! ;)

P.S. My dd's last score was a 30.95 too, but it was at a YMCA League meet so it wouldn't have counted anyway. Her next USAG meet isn't until January (she has another League meet in December) so I'm hoping she will have "found" that extra .05 points (and then some!) by then!

Last edited:
That was only our first meet...I'm not sure how many meets to go. She has one 12/18, and then there are 2 or 3 in January for sure. I have heard from the other parents that this meet coming up on the 18th is a "tough meet". Being new, I'm not sure what that means. I thought (maybe incorrectly) that judges rules for scoring are the same, but I could be wrong. Perhaps what the parents were referring to were the other teams attending this meet.

The 30.95 was good, and she was happy. Sadly, she missed her kip to the high bar (although she has "had" that skill for at least 4 months now). I think it was just nerves. Her personal goal was to score a 31. Bars were her last event, and when she got to go, I figured out that she needed a 7.5 to score the AA of 31. When the score board flashed that 7.45 I could have DIED. So close, but SO far. lol.

Oh that must have been tough to see that score come up. Good luck for the next one. She has made a great start!!

Usually when parents refer to a meet as "tough" its because some top level gyms always go to the meet, its hosted by a top gym, groups are large. The judges all use the same rulebooks, so there shouldn't be too much difference in what you see deductions for.

GL to your dd in getting that 31!

We have league meets too, 4 every competition season. You may want to double check to see if your meets are sanctioned. Our league meets are sanctioned so our girls can get their qualifiying scores at one of the league meets. And it sounds like you will be attending the PA Judges Cup? If that is what you are referring to I have been told that it is a tough competition. Apparently the scoring is very tough. The judges are very nit-picky. Not a high scoring competition at all. But don't worry, they seem to score all girls/teams equally tough. Even though your scores may be lower so will everyones elses. Our girls are aware that the judging is very tough and not to focus on scores as all girls scores are normally lower than other competitions. Good luck and have fun.

I was reading the score qualifications for sectionals, state, and mobility. It always amuses me that it is harder to qualify for state than it is to move up to the next level. :) In our state, you need to score a 32.00 AA TWO TIMES to go to state in compulsories, and once for 7 and 8; and I think a 34.00 AA once for 9 and 10. But mobility is just a 31.00 AA. Funny!

You may want to double check to see if your meets are sanctioned. Our league meets are sanctioned so our girls can get their qualifiying scores at one of the league meets.

No, the YMCA meets aren't sanctioned. But that's O.K. She has 3 more USAG meets this season. And the Y meets are good practice. She'll get her sectionals score! :)

A tough meet as we know it means the score will be tough. That is, the judges will be looking for perfection and will be less forgiving. The scores are likely to be spread out more amongst placements.

Update: happily, my daughter scored at AA score of 32.825 on her second meet ever....She is trilled. Thanks to all for the information....

Great job! Nice improvement! Hopefully my DD will be joining yours at PA sectionals (though won't have a chance to qualify until "Reindeer Rock" meet in Jan.).:D

Great job. Looks like she worked hard on getting skills more consistent and cleaning up routines. As long as she focuses on improving things she can control and not worrry about numbers, she'll do fine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back