Parents Looking for floor routine pose ideas!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L4 DD is allowed to pick her own ending pose, now that she's got her ROBH on the floor. Some of the girls are coming up with some really cute ideas, like blowing kisses, thumbs up, etc. DD isn't so creative, so we're looking for some suggestions! She just turned 7 and is still considered one of the "littles" on the team. :) Any suggestions for a quick, cute ending pose for my tiny girl?

Go to You Tube and look up level 4 and 5 floor routines for some ideas. Our gym doesn't allow cutsy stuff like blowing kisses and thumbs up because judges don't generally like to see those.

My daughter's coaches don't allow the cutesy poses either. Her first year, the floor coach chose her pose keeping it very simple. This past season she gave DD several poses to choose from. Good luck! They always love having this one thing of their own.

My dd changes her pose every other day! I can't really describe it. Maybe have to do what comes naturally to her after her ro bhs?

My dd and her team were not allowed to have their own pose until they got a minimum score of 9.0 and then they got a choice of a few that the coach approved.

I also suggest looking at you tube videos for ideas...or see what your DD comes up with naturally. Our coaches also wouldn't allow anything too cutesy!!

My DD's coach allowed the girls to choose their own end pose after scoring a particular score in Level 4. Her coach had to approve it, and wouldn't have been ok with thumbs up and blowing kisses. Don't shoot me, but those sound too "pagenty" for gymnastics. DD was pretty confident when asked what she wanted hers to be. I would just let your DD come up with one, as she begins to get more confidence with her floor routine in practice, one will come to her, trust me. She can look to youtube videos for inspiration, but I'll bet when given a chance she can come up with something she is happy with that reflects a bit of her personality- strong, shy, bold, understated, etc. there are lots of poses to come up with.

Thanks everyone! It's good to hear all of the takes on choosing poses. Being a new team mom, I'm not sure what's right or not. Lots of our girls last year did the cutesy poses and scored great.

Anyway, seems that my dd has chosen something that comes more natural to her... her arms in a "L" position, one straight up and the other in front of her, parallel to the floor. She saw this several times on Youtube also, so that set her mind at ease and she thinks she's sticking with that. We'll see... :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back