Losing Back Full | The Twisties?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, so I used to be able to do a good standard back full, but then suddenly one day I did one and I sorta (crashed?) down onto my arms, and now every time I do one That’s what happens. I know that I’m twisting too early and I’m throwing my head back, but I can’t seem to correct it. I’m starting to get really scared of doing them because every time I do them now I land badly and I don’t want to injure myself or get into a full habit of doing the skill wrong. (Btw this problem has only been going on for a couple days now.) I did have the 'twisties’ in the past (the worst thing ever) and it lasted for about a year, except it was with my front skills. I’m not sure if it is, but I’m really hoping that it’s not the twisties coming back. I have a competition soon so I’m hoping that I can get it back asap. So anyways, I would really appreciate it if you could share anything that could help with this problem, thank you! :) <3

When this happens you have to go back to drills. As a coach when it happens to my gymnasts I just go back and teach them to back full right form the beginning. It doesn’t take as long to reteach as it did to initially teach, so it’s not really like starting again.

My coach was saying I could maybe go back to doing halves
I went and did one except when I did it I ended up doing a decent full instead of a half..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back