Parents meet report L5

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well, it was a very long day...up at 5 for a meet 3 hours away (DD didn't have to get up that early, we flew) but when we got to the airport at our destination I screwed up the directions in the GPS and got us lost! We were 20 minutes late.

She did okay anyway. 9th on bars and vault (she hasn't gotten a medal in either all year, so that was a big step forward) and she still got an 8.4 on the beam with a fall, and an 8.1 on floor with a fall (she didn't get fully extended on her back extension roll) At least she got all 8's, it was about a half a point higher all around in spite of her two oopsies. She has two more regular season meets before sectionals, so hopefully she will be doing significantly better by then (fingers crossed!)

Anyway, there just isn't money in the budget for privates right now *sigh*:rolleyes: so I hope she continues to improve!

Snowbound

That sounds like quite an adventure. GLad things are improving for her. It is her first year and that always brings challenges and rewards are such a blessing!

Snow,

Sounds like a crazy day. Sure doesn't help when you think you have all the details planned only to get messed up...but sounds like even though she was late she is making progress! My DD didn't get it all figured out until States and then it was maybe just a little too late..with the gym change and late start on the floor routine we felt the whole season was a bit of a struggle in some areas. But, at least your DD is hitting 8's and that means she is getting it! The places on some events will keep her happy while making those improvments. If you have a couple meets before sectionals, that will give her plenty of time to make those. You won't need privates, just keep practicing...she'll get better, you'll see!

Congrats on improving the AA score! She will continue to improve just wait and see!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back