Parents Meet Season Questions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have couple of different questions for the group.

1. When does your season start and end? We begin Nov and end with States in April.

2. How many meets do you have on your schedule? This year we have 7-8 counting states. I wish we had more is this an average number?

3. How many count for States? Currently we only have 4-5 that count for states. We have one meet that only 2nd year's are getting to attend. So really we only have 4 meets that will count for states.

Thanks!

3 meets, with another if you make Provincials, though here it is top 24 out of the level, not like in the US. Best two scores added together and then after three meets top 24 (usually out of about 300) go forward.

1. When does your season start and end? Beth's season starts in December this year and ends in March (State), April (Regionals) or May (Westerns). Levels 7-10 compete then here. Our levels 4-6s compete October through November with State in December.

2. How many meets do you have on your schedule? I think Beth has 6 meets, plus State, most likely Regionals and, hopefully Westerns (total of 9--if she makes it all the way)

3. How many count for States? All Invitationals count as qualifiers for State for Optionals here. Only the Compulsories have to get a certain scores at a Qualifier meet to make it to State (there are 3 qualifiers per season). Interesting to see how different states do things!

1. When does your season start and end?

2. How many meets do you have on your schedule?

3. How many count for States?

Thanks!

1. The season starts in October and ends in May but this year all the state events are in March & April. The state is changing to a fall compulsory season and spring optional season if things go as planned.

2. We have 10 meets on the schedule and then sectionals, states and regionals for any that qualify. We will only doing 3 meets this season because we are moving and Texas's compulsory season will be over by the time we move.

3. All USAG sanctioned meets count toward states for level 4 & 7 and sectionals for 5, 6 & prep op as long as they are at least 2 weeks prior to the state/sectional meet. Levels 5, 6 & prep op have to get a qualifying score at sectionals to go to states.

This is my first season with my daughter. She is level 2 aau (at our gym levels 2-4 are aau and then usag starts at level 5) Our first meet is in two weeks. We then have one meet in a month (Oct & Nov) Then our states in December. Each meet is a qualifier for states.

Then we start a spring season if the gym chooses. Sometimes they do this, sometimes not is what I am told.

When my son did gymnastics, we were at a different gym and the girls compulsories (USAG) competed in the fall with optional girls and all boys competing in the spring.

My daughter is an L3. Her first meet is in November, with a total of 4 meets before States in March.

L4 and L5 at our gym have 7 meets, beginning in October, ending with States in March.

My daughter's season started in August. She is a USAG level 3. We will go until November. We have 5 meets and then the state meet in November. Then she is off from competing until January when the team will start Prep Op. They have to have a 32. to qualify for states and to move up to prep op and they have to have it in 2 meets. So far her first meet she qualified. Hopefully the rest will go as well as the first.

1. When does your season start and end? We begin Nov and end with States in April.
We begin in January and I think States are in April. We are AAU, dd is level 2, and they can go to "Nationals" in late June or early July.
2. How many meets do you have on your schedule? This year we have 7-8 counting states. I wish we had more is this an average number?
I think there are 3 mandatory and 1 optional (that would absolutely require a hotel), though some may need a hotel if they are 7am report times. Then the state meet, which is mandatory. We are not spending money on AAU Nationals until she has to travel to find competition, which is NOT the case at this time. Plus it is smack dab in summer swim league.

Really? You want more? :eek:
3. How many count for States? Currently we only have 4-5 that count for states. We have one meet that only 2nd year's are getting to attend. So really we only have 4 meets that will count for states.

Thanks!
Yeah, AAU is kinda ... I think she has to make a minimum score twice to qualify for states. It's not real ... competitive.

We compete from October to States in March and Regionals in April for optionals, states in April for compulsories. We have 6 meets for Optionals, all are qualifying for level 8, and 7 meets for compulsories, 5 are qualifying for levels 4-7. (Our old gym had about 12 meets for levels 4-6 and about 7 for optionals.)

Our season runs from November to late April/March and then regionals and nationals for Levels 9 and 10, which run into May.

We have seven meets on the schedule this year, plus the state meet. I am not sure but believe that only the in-state meets qualify toward states. We have two out of state meets so that leaves five meets to qualify. Only Levels 4 and 5 need to qualify to sectionals and then from sectionals to state. Everyone else just gets the score at any USAG sanctioned invitational.

Our Meet season starts in Jan and end with States the last weekend in March.

L7-L8 regionals are in the begining of April and L9-L10 regionals in mid April.

I believe all the meets that we go to qualify for states. (at least that is how is was last year)

We don't have our meet schedule yet so I am not sure what meets we are going to this year.

For L 4- 6 they have 2 seasons one from Sept - Dec and another from Jan - May.

For the L7 and above we have one season from Nov - May

Since my DD is L7 we don't have the final meet schedule yet (hoping its coming this week or next) Based on the previous year and since this gym is new to us it looks like about 12 - 15 meets a year for the optionals (this includes Sectionals and State meet) it looks like starting in November there is a meet almost every weekend (maybe 3 x's a month).
As far as I can see all the meets will count towards qualifing for Sectionals.
there are 2 sectionals to qualify for states and one state to qualify for regionals.

We start in September and end in March with the State Meet. This is all new to me. DD is a level 1 USAG. We have 8 scheduled the first one is judges cup and i don't think it really counts and the last one is the State Meet

Monique
B- 5 year old level 1 K 3 year old rec gym

So far we only have 4 meets, from November to June.

We spend September and October preparing for the November meet, December's meet is just in-gym. January is spent preparing for Feb's meet. March and April have school holidays in there with some training, and May is spent training for June's meet. As soon as the June meet is over, we start working on the fund-raising show. It's mostly a chance to show the rec parents what their kids have been doing all year, but the team girls also perform various routines and then the finale. July and August is light summer training and fun (nothing too involved).

New-to-team gymnasts don't get to compete in November - they aren't usually ready. Uptraining gymnasts may compete in their old level for the last time at that meet. The December in-gym meet is a good time for new gymnasts (to team or to a level) to compete their routines for the first time.

We have no Nationals - we're the only team in our whole country.

We start in September and end in March with the State Meet. This is all new to me. DD is a level 1 USAG. We have 8 scheduled the first one is judges cup and i don't think it really counts and the last one is the State Meet

Monique
B- 5 year old level 1 K 3 year old rec gym

wow that is an awful lot of meets for L1. I cannot imagine getting into meets that heavily at that level, it is such a lot of money. In Quebec kids cannot compete until the year they turn 9, until that point they are in developmental or pre team programs. Kids at that level here would only do two meets a year even when they are 9. Those meets would cost $25 cad each.

I wonder how much money clubs make from these unsanctioned meets. How much is your average meet fee?

For our state the compulsory season is in the fall, September through December, with States in December. Optionals then run from January through April with States in April. The Optionals meets do usually have compulsories included but it is a much smaller group competing than during the 'season.'

All meets qualify for States but at least one of them has to be actually in state. For levels that require a score to qualify the score does not have to be at an in state meet though.

We have 6 meets and then States. Starting this Saturday in fact.

For L 4- 6 they have 2 seasons one from Sept - Dec and another from Jan - May.

For the L7 and above we have one season from Nov - May

Since my DD is L7 we don't have the final meet schedule yet (hoping its coming this week or next) Based on the previous year and since this gym is new to us it looks like about 12 - 15 meets a year for the optionals (this includes Sectionals and State meet) it looks like starting in November there is a meet almost every weekend (maybe 3 x's a month).
As far as I can see all the meets will count towards qualifing for Sectionals.
there are 2 sectionals to qualify for states and one state to qualify for regionals.

Wow, Cher! That is a TON of meets. Do you have to pay entry fees for all those??

Wow, Cher! That is a TON of meets. Do you have to pay entry fees for all those??

Yup we do. And the new gym we are at does meets that are further away so you have to get hotels etc too.

That really is about what we have always done even at the old gym and based on the gyms I see at the meets its about average for most around here. Once we qualify for sectionals/states we don't have to the qualifiers if we don't want to but DD would kill me if I told her she couldn't go. She loves going to the meets and would go every weekend all year If there were meets.

In our state, the meets start in Sept and end with state in March. :) But our team goes out of state to most of the meets. So we will begin in November and do 2 then. We will do 4 more from Jan to March. All meets are sanctioned meets. All can be used to meet requirements for State. If we do state, then add one more meet to the schedule. My older daughter will do all these, but my youngest won't start the season until Jan as she is having trouble with her back walk over. We will also do one in-house meet.

wow that is an awful lot of meets for L1. I cannot imagine getting into meets that heavily at that level, it is such a lot of money. In Quebec kids cannot compete until the year they turn 9, until that point they are in developmental or pre team programs. Kids at that level here would only do two meets a year even when they are 9. Those meets would cost $25 cad each.

I wonder how much money clubs make from these unsanctioned meets. How much is your average meet fee?

I thought it was standard. It is a lot of money at $65 a meet and since this is our first year i do find it a bit overwhelming. You do not have to attend all meets, but of course they do encourage them to attend as many as possible. As a matter a fact, all girls that attend all of the meets get a "free" leo.:cool: So we will make it to as many as our budget allows.

Monique
Briana 5 year old level 1 Kayla 3 year old rec gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back