News: I'm running off to join the circus!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Mack_the_Ripper

Not really. But I am going to California next week and while we're there, I thought I'd investigate the San Francisco Circus Center, which happens to have several classes including Rope, Flying Trapeze, Aerial Conditioning, Trampoline, Acrobatic Stretching + Contortion, Tumbling, or Chinese Acrobatics during the time I am there. I think I'd like to try contortion and maybe trapeze! I'm going to e-mail the center and ask if I could drop in, since classes should be registered for on a monthly basis. It'll only be the second class, and it's for beginners, so I shouldn't be far behind!

I'm super excited! Perhaps acrobatics will be my replacement activity once I have to quit gymnastics after high school. After all, my parents still can't keep me from hanging upside down on pratically any piece of furniture.

In gym news, made some BHS on low beam today. They're going well, I just have to be more confident. Also, starting to make flyaways with light spot (sometimes without) on low bar. It looks like L7 might be possible!

that sounds exciting! i always wanted to learn that kind of stuff. lucky!! congratulations on the backhandspring and flyaway! thats great!

Oh wow Mack that's pretty sweet! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Oops...never mind. I fractured a bone in my foot today in two places. Doing punch front tucks. LAME. I'm telling people it was a Yurchenko double full. It's not a clean break. I have 2 weeks with only partial or no weight on it (I'm in crutches) and hopefully then 2 weeks bearing weight in a boot. I'll be doing lots of bars and strength...and I made up a cool pass on beam today - HS, step down with bad leg, swing good leg through, switching leg back walkover. It's hard to kick up to HS standing on only one foot (this was before I saw the doctor)! I knew I would get my giant before my flyaway! It would be pretty cool if I got my blind change or something cool like that though.

And I did make good baby giants today, so it's possible I'll get a giant soon...I'm mad that I won't get to tumble or do beam, since those are the most questionable areas in my gymnastics...I'm very disappointed but I've got to maintain a positive attitude and hopefully soon I'll be able to do beam even if I can't tumble.

Awwwwwww. I am soooo sorry to hear that. :( We all have rough parts in our carrers, and yours just happened to come right now! You will def be doing a lot of conditioning and bars. You are right about keeping a positive attitude. Just worry about how you can better faster, than thinking about not being able to do gym!

Oh No! :(

Sorry to hear that. Don't let it stop you from working on whatever you can work on. I know it might not be what you want to be working on, or what you feel you should be working on, but its better than not working on anything. I know lots of girls who have gotten really good at bars and in really good shape when they had a foot injury.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back