MAG PBars last night

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
So, D has been learning the layout to the side dismount off PBars. He learned it this summer, and to say it is sketchy is being nice. I held my breath anytime I saw him do it because he was so close to the bar. In fact, he did hit his head 3 times or so. sigh.

then, coach stopped and watched. Took him over to the pit pbars. Told him to go the other way. Immediately, better. Sigh. My poor confused dominance boy was going the wrong way. Now that he is going off the left side he says he isn't scared and it is fun!

Of course, he added his own twist. On the pit bars, he was trying to hit handstand. As he went up, his tooth fell out (it was really loose) and he caught it between his teeth. He swung down to the floor. Coach got on him for missing handstand. D held out his hand, and spit out his tooth. Coach cracked up! Said only D could pull that one off! LOL!

His coach is going to need a excel spreadsheet to remember which way he's supposed to go on every skill in every event!

seriously! We are learning that he is mostly left. For some reason he was trying to go right on pbars. Luckily it was figured out before he cracked his head!!! I think we are down to one thing that is right.....but I could be wrong!

So funny about the tooth! We had a kid at our old gym that had that happen during a tumbling pass at a meet! She had to hold it in her mouth for the entire rest of her routine! She still scored pretty darn well considering!!

His coach is going to need a excel spreadsheet to remember which way he's supposed to go on every skill in every event!

Hey...that's not funny. We have a team iPad. It links to our Google Drive account. We have access to all of our speadsheets all the time. One of them is the "Direction" chart...gotta keep all the kids going the "right" way...or the "left" way.

Hey...that's not funny. We have a team iPad. It links to our Google Drive account. We have access to all of our speadsheets all the time. One of them is the "Direction" chart...gotta keep all the kids going the "right" way...or the "left" way.

LOL! I should suggest that to his coach! Of course, he is sometimes righ tand sometimes left, so really, it can be a complete guessing game. I am just glad I don't have to worry about him hitting his head anymore.

A lot of coaches do this, actually.

I have mine in a notebook rather than a spreadsheet, but I think after this season I'm going to organize it all into a spreadsheet befor eI move my next group up.

LOL on the tooth!

My DS suddenly "lost" his half turn on the high bars his first year. It was gone. He kept saying that he "didn't know where it went". He actually scratched bars at a meet because that was the first time it happened. Well, 3 weeks later he "found" it, just turning the opposite direction he had been going before it was lost!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back