DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
We are now testing a new "Social Groups" add-on for the site. You will find it at the top of the site by clicking on the "Social Groups (Test)" tab...

http://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/social-categories/groups/

Please test it out by creating some new social groups. Please post all issues here by replying to this thread.

This new "Social Groups" add-on will...
  • work in a mobile browser
  • will correctly send invites to members using the alert system
  • display new threads and posts from social groups in the "Recent Posts" and "New Posts" links under the "Forums" tab
  • display new threads and posts from social groups in the sidebar
  • follow permissions when displaying posts and threads (they will not show up if you are not a member of the social group)
  • allow "group creators" to add moderators to their group
  • all "group creators" and "group moderators" to approve new members and moderate groups
This add-on will NOT...
  • display in ChalkBucket's mobile app (but it will work in a mobile browser on your phone)
The one thing that is being researched is "invisible private groups that are invite only"...not sure if this is possible or not.

Once again...please test it out by creating some new social groups. Please post all issues here by replying to this thread.

Last edited:
Thanks to @SurpriseGymMom for creating a social group in the new add-on.

The tabs on the top of the site will now say...
  • Social Groups (New) - This is the new add-on that we are testing. If it proves better...we will be switching over to it.
  • Groups - This is our old add-on that contains all of our group threads from before we migrated to the new software...it is what we are using now. We chose this add-on as it was the only one that would import our groups from the old software. Unfortunately...it is not working correctly.
Most likely...all groups will need to be re-created in the new social groups add-on. It looks as if there is no way to import the old groups...members...and threads. If you have a group that you would like to keep "alive"...please set it up in the new social groups add-on.

Last edited:
Thanks to @JMACAZ for creating the L2/3 group in the new "Social Groups" area.

Once again...if you have a group in the old groups area...please re-create it in the new area.

Trying to make Made It to Level 10 "private" and can't figure out how. I see the other 2 groups in the Social Groups are private so I see it can be done. Help, please!!?? Thanks....

Also... about this:

"The one thing that is being researched is "invisible private groups that are invite only"...not sure if this is possible or not."

What will this mean??? Will the group's messages be able to be viewed by anyone but they would not be able to comment unless they were members (if the group is private) or if the group is "private" nothing will be seen by anyone unless they are members?

Just trying to understand it all.

Uncheck the "Open" box and check the "Moderate" box...

...this is a "private" group that is "invite-only". It is not invisible...which means the group title can be seen by everyone. The thread contents can only be seen by members.

It looks like thread titles can also be seen by everyone under the social groups link in your profile. I am working on a way to make the actual titles of the threads "private" also.

If you click on the group and you are not a member...you do not have the option to join...but you can see the sidebar with the moderators and members.

Looks like we have a whole bunch of groups in the new area now! Thanks to all.

The old area will be shutting down soon. Please make sure you get all of the info you need out of them and the threads will no longer be accessible.

I'm trying to join the Brag Alert group and it says I have insufficient privileges. I have over 50 posts has the requirement for that group changed? I was a member of the old group.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back