WAG Popping and cracking-- is this 'normal'?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

meganliz77

Proud Parent
DD (7) seems to have a noisy anatomy. Her joints tend to make A LOT of noises-- no pain, but cracking and popping without her intentionally trying to do it. Feet, ankles, wrists, elbows.... Is this normal? Is it something to be concerned about? Something that will possibly impact her gymnastics in the future?

Just curious as I'm sitting here watching her practice her floor routine and listening to her older sister comment on all the noises she makes!

I've been a dancer all my life and my joints alone make a crazy amount of noise - you can imagine what being in a room full of us is like! I was always taught that, as a general rule, it's only a problem if it hurts. Some of the reasons for the sound include ligaments etc. having to move around (due to flexibility), air "popping" during movement... basically, we always knew we'd be as crunchy as our teachers one day if we kept dancing and as long as it didn't hurt, it wasn't a problem. :)

Very strange!! Lol I am learning something new every day about this girlie of mine and this sport of hers!!

Oh geeze!! Lol not gonna lie, but all the noises freak me out a bit! But by the sound of it is pretty normal which is reassuring!

Another former dancer. The morning routine involves cracks and pops from my neck to my ankles. None hurt. In fact, more feel like a relief.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back