Parents Positive Posts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MuggleMom

Proud Parent
In the spirit of putting out into the world the good along with the bad I wanted to do a mom brag real quick :)

DD did her first Cast to handstand on bars yesterday! She was soooo pumped. They even let her do a couple extra tries at the end of practice where the Head Coach of the gym came over to watch and told her she did awesome and gave her a high five. She was on cloud 9. She did 3-4 of them all together and sh was the only one in her group or even the higher hour group to do so!

So this is the first sort of bigger skill she got that I never did (I did gymnastics growing up). I must say its pretty cool to see your kid surpassing you especially since she is only 7.

Anyone else out there want to put some good news out into the world either gym related or not? I love the happy posts makes my day fun reading through everyone's good vibes!

Oh I'm so happy you posted this, I haven't been on in a while and came on today to share some updates and good vibes, thanks for already getting it started!
That's great about your DD! What an awesome skill to have at that age!

My DD has been at her new gym now for 2 months and she absolutely LOVES it!! (So do I, and so does my bank account). The coaching staff is amazing, they actually TALK to the parents, like every day, and they encourage the kids constantly, while still working them super hard.
Coming from being a L3 who didn't do so well last season, to say she has improved would be an understatement.
She is already building so much more strength than she had before....she is uptraining like crazy, and now has the following skills she did not have 2 short months ago:
Cast to squat on, jump to high bar
Back walkover on beam
Cartwheel on beam
Learning back handspring on beam
Standing back tuck on trampoline
And she has herself convinced that she'll have her kip by the end of this month :p

She no longer feels like she is a "horrible gymnast"
She says she loves this place so much she never wants to switch gyms ever again.

The most exciting part, is next month, she has a "fun" meet ON the beach!!! Which doesn't really count toward anything, but the scoring goes by age group, not levels, so she gets to make all her routines and do whatever skills she wants!

I'm so over the moon happy and excited for her, and so so glad I made the decision to switch her to this new awesome place!

Thanks for starting this thread. So wonderful to read all these happy news. :)

My DD joined a team first week of June and loves it. She comes home exhausted but excited, and when I pick her up she always gives me detailed information on what they worked on that day. She is getting a lot stronger due to conditioning, which helps her with all her skills.

Here is what she has learned this month...

BAR: Cast to squat on, jump to high bar
FLOOR: Back walkover, front handspring
BEAM: Split jump, and has greatly improved her cartwheel and her dismount.
VAULT: Front handspring vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back