Coaches Prep Bronze MA--bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CreateMagic

Coach
Proud Parent
Hi, I'm currently a coach for a prep bronze team in MA. The rules are slightly different this year, and my little ones need 5 elements instead of 4 for 2012-2013. The specific requirements are:
Mount
Cast, no angle requirement
Circle element
Value part/element
Dismount

Last year, their routine was pullover, cast, back hip circle, underswing dismount. Obviously I need one more thing this year. Five of my girls (ages 5-9, fwiw) just got (ugly) front hip circles this week, which we will be working to clean up before competing in February. At least three more are very close, and I think most will have a shot of at least having it for the meet season. However, there are a few whom I'm concerned will not, or that they will lose more points than necessary by doing the skill. What else could I have them do? I would prefer NOT to do mill circles, as then I have to deal with the shoot thru and leg cut back also, and the ultimate goal is to prepare these kids for the NEW level 4 next year (so kips and tap swings).

Suggestions?

TIA!
Kristina

Not sure about specific rules where you are, but in our region any element from a compulsory routine can count as a value part element. If same for you, what about adding a glide swing(like in the level 4 bar routine) before the pullover?

I would stay away from the front hip because its a pain to teach and it doesnt flow well. any reason why you can do another back hip?

I'm not sure. I'll look into that more. I just assumed it had to be different. The book says:
Each division has five (5) separate requirements. The requirements are worth 1.0 each and may notbe combined. If a gymnast attempts a requirement but does not complete the element, the deduction
is up to 0.5. The 1.0 deduction is applied only if the gymnast makes no attempt to perform a
requirement.

Not sure about specific rules where you are, but in our region any element from a compulsory routine can count as a value part element. If same for you, what about adding a glide swing(like in the level 4 bar routine) before the pullover?
I thought about that too. I just wasn't sure if that would be counted as part of the mount.

Glide swing and pullover are counted as different elements in the level 4 bar routine, so should be the same for Xcel.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back