MAG question about false scissors and scissors on PH

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

profmom

Proud Parent
OK, I think that after a long-winded technical explanation, I get the difference (the Reader's Digest version, as I understand it, is that in the false scissors the legs don't switch places and in the scissors, they do). So based on how the JO progressions work now, am I correct that, while the false scissors is part of the JO L6 routine, the scissors would not be permissible in competition until a boy is on the horse with pommels, so as a 13+ L8 or L9? To my clueless eyes, it seems like a pretty natural progression and I am wondering why it wasn't a bonus for L6 or something like that. Or is it one of those things that's just ridiculously hard but doesn't look like it? (Says the person who, after an even more long-winded and more technical explanation, now UNDERSTANDS why a BLIND CHANGE is so much HARDER than JUST a pirouette, geez, Mom.)

From D:
Scissors are harder because you have to switch your legs in the air above the horse. and when you finish one leg swing, the other is coming in front. More continuous.....

But yes, they don't use them again until they get handles back.

Is that part of why D was so annoyed about the change last year putting off the introduction of the pommels?

Little bit :) he had those, spindle, stockli and somethign else on the handles...lol

Now..I have no idea if waht I typed made sense. I was deciphering "finger legs" on a chair ;)

Little bit :) he had those, spindle, stockli and somethign else on the handles...lol

Now..I have no idea if waht I typed made sense. I was deciphering "finger legs" on a chair ;)
Umm spindles and stocklis aren't skills you would so on the handles lol they are leather skills for the most part

pretty sure he hurt his shoulder doing a stockli on the handles. spindle he did with the handles on...

Right..for the spindle. For the stockli- he is on the handles. Like this:

Pommels is his thing :) He has magyar/sivado, can get his wu sometimes, but not consistently yet. those are without the handles still.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back