WAG Rip guardian or similar?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgal

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
I came across this wax/putty called rip guardian while looking for grips online. Searching the old chronicler posts, I see it was mentioned a few times but it had been a while. I was just curious if anyone is using it currently. From the pictures and videos, it looks very similar to the wax that dd gets for her braces, only in larger pieces. Just wondering what it is made of and if its worth getting. Dd doesn't usually rip much but when she does, they are usually big and in the worst spots.

Sent from my AT100 using ChalkBucket mobile app

The website says they are made of silicone wax, which I imagine would make a nice covering. I'm curious how you would tape it to the rip so it would stay put while on bars, though? And if it doesn't help enable a kid to do bars when they have a rip or hot spots, I don't really see the point as a band aid or blister pad would seem to serve the same purpose for a lot cheaper.
The trainer at the school I coach at will give out something our girls refer to a "boogers." I imagine it's some kind of blister pad, but it looks kind of like the gel-y stuff they use to attach credit cards to paper. It's fine for covering the rip when working another event, but slides right off if they try to do bars with one on and tape over top.

Im not sure exactly what rip guardian is/what is does, but i use bandaids that are somewhat similar. these ones BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages the advanced healing ones in the middle of the page... they work like a charm everytime, and im normally good to go in the next couple days. not only do they help heal the rip faster theydecrease the pain alot. they are also probably a lot cheaper than the rip guardian stuff.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back