Parents Siblings at two different gyms?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

jessimee

Proud Parent
I have two girls, one 10 on Xcel who wants to join a JO team. Not possible at our current gym because of her age, but she has a tryout for level 3 or 4 at another gym. 8 year old DD wants to stay at current gym and has been invited to join Xcel bronze. She has no JO aspirations. She is not interested in trying Xcel at the gym where her sister is trying out and personally, I have been happy with the Xcel team where we are so I'm also reluctant to change that up. I think I can manage the driving--the gyms are pretty close together and practice times are different. Has anyone else had sibs at two different gyms? How did it work out?

Yes, my two were at different gyms for a portion of their careers. It really helped that one gym was 10 minutes from our house and we were able to car pool with other families. In our case, the gyms knew about the split and had no problems with it, especially when I made it nonnegotiable. The biggest difficulty was during meet season as they sometimes had different meets the same weekend and I just wasn't able to get to both.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back