Parents So, I realize we are a little late....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Traci

Proud Parent
But - :)
Does anyone have any easy (hahahahaha) directions/guidelines/suggestions on the recruitment process? DD is 15 and level 10..... She has reached out to coaches by sending videos and text messages and calling a couple that she went to their summer camp.... Other than that -- what is the TRICK -- outside of knowing someone??
I sure wish this process was a little better known and talked about coming up the levels....

Thanks in advance!

I am not sure you are late, but you have definitely got to get going. In my opinion, the single-most important key to the college recruiting process (besides having the skills) is the club coach. The club coach can talk freely to college coaches about your dd; her club coach can tout her abilities like no other.

Besides that, do your research. Figure out which schools are desirable and which are possible. Remember, she has to get academically admitted before she can be on the team. Look at what a school actually offers an athlete versus what the family will be expected to pay. We learned a hard lesson when we were looking - the Ivies don't actually have athletic scholarships; they only offer financial support to students in need. All others pay the bills themselves. other schools are different. She has to go to a college that will let her study what she wants to study since when everything is said and done and college is over, she has to be able to get a job.

As you travel during the upcoming season, visit as many colleges as you can. See if you can get a tour.

Good Luck.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back