WAG Southeastern Gymnastics in North Carolina Advice Please

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Painter

Proud Parent
We are looking into trying out for the level 5 team at Southeastern Gymnastics. Does anyone have experience with them? I know they are an excellent gym that produces “results” but I want to be sure they also promote healthy body image, aren’t abusive verbally or physically and there is good parent communication. Thanks!

We are looking into trying out for the level 5 team at Southeastern Gymnastics. Does anyone have experience with them? I know they are an excellent gym that produces “results” but I want to be sure they also promote healthy body image, aren’t abusive verbally or physically and there is good parent communication. Thanks!
Will send you a pm

I have a good friend whose daughter went there for quite a few years. I’ve messaged her to see if she can get on here to give you some info.

We don't have first hand knowledge but compete against them frequently. They are tough to beat, but the thing that impresses me is they have a lot of "home grown" gymnasts that stay with their program from Level 4-10. They also skew on the younger side of age groups at meets

We also compete against them a lot. One thing I really like is that they do not try an skip levels. They do 4,5,6 and 7 in order. Not always full seasons, but I like that they are not trying to rush. Some of the moms from there that we met on level 4 told me this and based on mymeetscores, it seems accurate.

We also compete against them a lot. One thing I really like is that they do not try an skip levels. They do 4,5,6 and 7 in order. Not always full seasons, but I like that they are not trying to rush. Some of the moms from there that we met on level 4 told me this and based on mymeetscores, it seems accurate.

Our gym also does all those levels too but we do 7 first, then 6, then 5, then 4.

I agree with this. We've also competed against them a lot and they do seem to do very little skipping of levels. My daughter started in level 2 competing against them, and she is now going into level 7 and a lot of the same girls are still there and will also be doing level 7. They are definitely a very strong gym. I have no inside information about them, but the impression we've always had at our gym is that they are very strict and intense and not exactly a fun gym to train at. But definitely they produce amazing gymasts.

I heard the head coach speak at Congress, and she was awesome. She says they compete a whole season of 5 because it is a very fundamental level that they need for the future in optionals. I would have to say that knowing their track record for the last 15 years that they know what they are doing and she is right. If they are at a meet, you are not going to win. One meet, they placed 1-9 on every event in one age group of Level 7. They also do not train elites. They aren't National Gym of the Year for nothing!

I sat through a congress session by Ludmilla as well and was shocked to hear that they do not do any sort of drills with their compulsory athletes on floor. They believe in basics & conditioning. If an athlete has a week snap-down, they make them stronger...not drill the snap-down more. Obviously this works for their athletes, because as everyone has mentioned they dominate every competition they go to. However, I do not know if that approach would work for every kid. I've had a former athlete try out at the gym and it was just too intense for her liking.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back