Splits tips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

henrik541

Gymnast
Hey people! Merry not-yet-christmas everyone!
So I was doing splits the other day and my coach said they were fine! Fine! I'm so happy! I always have been the-one-can't-do-splits and now they're fine! :p
Since I heard this, i feel more confidant and flexible all the time.
But now, I want to get my splits down and I don't know how.
I'd also like to know some drill to have standing splits (you know, like in walkovers and handstands).:)
Please help me!!!

i put my knee against the wall with my foot pointing up, and slide into a split and hold it for x amount of minutes. over splits also work great. My coach told me that if you do youre splits before you go to bed, and when you wake up you'll splits will also improve because youre muscles tighten up while you sleep, so when you do them before you go to bed they dont tighten up as much :p if this works, i'm not sure! good luck w/ youre splits :)

what we do for splits is....

Have a wall and have your back leg at a 90 degree angle with your knee in the corner whilst having your front leg up like you are about to do a lunge but your front knee is also 90 degrees. have your hands on the wall and hold for 30secs

Lunge for a minute with back leg still on wall

extend your front leg and put your nose on your knee and hands in front of heel for a minute

slide into splits with back leg still against wall for 2 mins

Splits on ground until you are flat then go to oversplits

i put my knee against the wall with my foot pointing up, and slide into a split and hold it for x amount of minutes. over splits also work great. My coach told me that if you do youre splits before you go to bed, and when you wake up you'll splits will also improve because youre muscles tighten up while you sleep, so when you do them before you go to bed they dont tighten up as much :p if this works, i'm not sure! good luck w/ youre splits :)

Thanks! But I didn't understand those points... :confused: Can you please get an image for the first one. And do you mean: ...when you do them after you go to bed they dont tighten ... cause that makes sense to me and it's a great suggestion... :)

Have a wall and have your back leg at a 90 degree angle with your knee in the corner whilst having your front leg up like you are about to do a lunge but your front knee is also 90 degrees. have your hands on the wall and hold for 30secs

Lunge for a minute with back leg still on wall

extend your front leg and put your nose on your knee and hands in front of heel for a minute

I tought I was understanding the beggining, but then the your front knee is also 90 degrees got me confused again...

I'm sorry, I know you're trying to help me and I'm really boring you but I'm not english or american, so it might be making things difficult.

Last edited:
SplitbackLeg2PaulaTribble.JPG

^^^ thats what i ment :)

and.. i think this is what the other girl ment, sorry if i misunderstood!

0.jpg

hope this helps :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back