Parents squad meeting?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

annsethlucy

Proud Parent
I am very new to all of this. My little girl recently trialed at a gymnastics centre and got on the beginners squad, the rest of the squad started in January but my daughter started just a few weeks ago, after 6 months they reassess them to see who stays and who doesn't. they have emailed to say there will be a halfway point meeting next week for all parents.
just wondering if anyone knows what this is? because my dd started late I feel we missed out on a lot of information and feel like im just winging it atm. I found out last week that a lot of the mums make their kids do situps etc at home. the children are all 5 or 6. I don't make her do anything at home. she does handstands and cartwheels etc just because she finds it fun but nothing else really.

My daughter's gym has periodic all-parent meetings to keep the parents informed about general happenings with the team program. They know messages and handouts given to the kids don't always make it home, and the girls 12-up really don't have parents at the gym a lot to hear things directly. It's most likely nothing more than that. I find it a good thing and appreciate their efforts to keep parents informed, because I know a lot of gyms don't pay attention to things like that.

As for extra conditioning at home, I've personally never pushed it, and definitely wouldn't have at that level. Seems like a prescription for burnout, especially for a 5-6 year old. If my daughter had been interested I wouldn't have discouraged her, but I wouldn't have suggested it to her either.

they email us about timetables etc so was wondering what else it could be. I think its brilliant she went to a different gymnastics place before this for a few months and there was never any communication.
that's put my mind at ease thank you. I don't feel comfortable asking my 5 year old to do situps etc really so was worried

I am very new to all of this. My little girl recently trialed at a gymnastics centre and got on the beginners squad, the rest of the squad started in January but my daughter started just a few weeks ago, after 6 months they reassess them to see who stays and who doesn't. they have emailed to say there will be a halfway point meeting next week for all parents.
just wondering if anyone knows what this is? because my dd started late I feel we missed out on a lot of information and feel like im just winging it atm. I found out last week that a lot of the mums make their kids do situps etc at home. the children are all 5 or 6. I don't make her do anything at home. she does handstands and cartwheels etc just because she finds it fun but nothing else really.

Well just looking at your OP. I think you could ask, how is she getting on (for this you really want to know - does she listen and try hard? It is early to be asking about skills after just a few weeks. If she listens and tries hard the rest will come), what information did we miss by starting late, how do we contact you best if we have a question, should she be doing conditioning at home? If so what would be helpful for her?

Make a list before you go of possible questions.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back