Supplemental Clothing for Workouts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our gym has gotten cold! All of the big kids are wearing leggings and underarmor type shirts over their leos.

My DDs have still been wearing their sleeveless leos but are cold. I've been having trouble finding "stretchy" capri length leggings and tops like the older girls are wearing.

DDs are a whopping 30 pounds and 38 inches at 4 1/2.

They are really sensitive to what the older girls are wearing so I want to find something similar if I can. We start the dev team this week and practices are longer so I need to find something soon.

Any suggestions?

Have you talked to the parents of the other children? They might be willing to tell you where they found theirs, and it might be cheaper than what you may find online.

Wet Seal and Rue 21 (stores that are usually in the malls) have cheap leggings that my daughter buys ...they are between 5 and 10 bucks, stretchy material, she likes them in black but they have a few other colors...she wears them for workouts, especially int the winter!!!

I just noticed how small your daughter is but they have XS and small sizes that should fit her...

Have you tried Target? They have workout type clothes in the girls section that might work for your girls. They also seem to usually have a pretty good selection of girls leggings, you might be able to find something that works out of those.
I also found these: Clothes for women, men, kids and baby | Free Shipping on $50 | Old Navy on the Old Navy website. Can they fit into a girls xs?
And what about a long sleeved leo? Not exactly the same as an under armour type shirt, but maybe easier to find.

I was wondering about winter workout clothes too. So far the gym has not been cold enough to need anything else. I will ask around to see if our gym gets cold enough to need long sleeves or pants. You can find regular length leggings at Old Navy or Walmart. They may have put up the capri length ones for winter. They sell the cheap version of the under Armour shirts at walmart and Target. They have xsmall versions at Dicks Sporting Goods too.

Monique

B 5 year old lvl 1 K 3 year old rec

Thanks for the great suggestions!

I was able to find some tops this afternoon that will work great. I'll have to get the leggings online though as all I could find are the fabric that you can tell will pill up and hold onto every piece of lint possible :)

DD should be set though -- thankfully its going to be a little warmer this week while we wait for the pants!

Hopefully it will be warmer! Just be lucky she is allowed to wear other clothes. My gym only lets us wear leo's year round and it gets to be -30 degrees celcius here (about -22 F if the converter was right)

I am going to assume you are in America so.....I have limited knowledge. I know target sells them (do they have that in america) walmart would probably sell them any department store really.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back