Parents Team Gym and GFA(Gym For ALL)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

motigymnasticsmom

Proud Parent
I got an email today from USAG, the usual stuff, except for an annoucement about Team Gym and GFAare new programs accepted by them in June. Even colleges will have these new programs, with scholarships. Has anyone heard of or done any of these? We are in GA, We have not heard about these. They sound like a cross of cheer, gymnastics, trampoline...

Sent from my SCH-R720 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Yes we have these disciplines in Australia and they are in fact the biggest in the country. There are more participants in Gymnastics for all than any other gym sport.

Gy,nastics for all covers a variety of gymsports, basically anything that does fit under the banner of another gymsport. There is a lot more room for creativity for coaches.

Some people have the idea that it is more of a novice level program but it can be anything from very basic to elite standard.

team gym and gymnastics for all competitions are held all over the world. You put together a 10 minute display showcasing a variety of skills which can include tumbling, acrobatics stunts, hand apparatus, dance and so on.

Aww, thanks Aussie Coach for replying. I am just happy that USAG is accepting new programs. Now, there are so many connected to gymnastics. These new changes wont affect dd, but they may her children...lol

Sent from my SCH-R720 using ChalkBucket mobile app

We use to do Team Gym, our gym was one of the only places around that offered it. They do vault, a tumble pass, mini tramp, and a choreographed dance/ gymnastics/ tumble routine with a minimum of (I think) 5-6 athletes. We attended a nationals that was held at Universal Studios and a team came from Sweden, they were at the Elite level.. It was incredible what they could do, but no one around where we were could coach that level due to lack of experience in that discipline (at least in our gym)
We competed 1 year then decided to switch to artistic.

Sent from my iPhone using ChalkBucket mobile app

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back