Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Time to say goodbye Bogwoppit

bogwoppit

Former Admin
Coach
Proud Relative
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Former Gymnast
Judge
Club Owner
Fan
Feb 26, 2007
Country
Canada
After 11 years on the Chalkbucket, most of those as an admin for the site, I have decided that it is time for me to walk away. I have had some of the most wonderful times here, and I have made some incredible friendships that have endured away from here too.

I have learned so much, about myself and others. I have learned even more about the world of gymnastics, and how great people can be when they come together as a community.

Thank you for being part of this great place, and I hope those of you who are engaged in this world continue to be, and to continue to keep this place alive.

I will hang around whilst @JBS finds a replacement for me, and likely for a short while into the future to help them settle in. New air is needed, someone who will encourage and motivate members to be the best they can be.

As for my time, my kids are grown and I am travelling more and more, this was always my plan. Life in the cow field has been a gift, having this place for company was another, time to walk off into the sunset.

Last edited:

merritt

Proud Parent
Jun 22, 2016
Country
USA
:( You will be missed! Best of luck in your new adventures, whatever they may hold!

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
Fan
Feb 6, 2014
NoVa
Country
USA
You will definitely be missed, but good for you in doing what is best for your life- I wish you health and happiness and adventures!

ladybird

Proud Parent
Dec 5, 2012
Country
USA
I will miss your leadership and contributions to our community. Best wishes to you Bog!

Jenny

Verified Coach
Verified Coach
Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Sep 17, 2012
Enjoy the sunset and thank you for your years and years of work here.

Reactions: Aero

josie55

Proud Parent
Jul 19, 2015
Country
USA
Thank you for your time and effort, your words if encouragement to many, and also the maturity and grace with which you handled some of the stickier situations here.

Enjoy this next chapter!

gymbeam

Proud Parent
Mar 18, 2014
Country
USA
Completely understandable and thanks for all you’ve done to make this place what it is!

Jard.the.gymnast

Verified Coach
Verified Coach
Coach
Gymnast
Apr 12, 2017
Heerenveen
Country
Netherlands
Bog, i have learned so much from you. Thank you for all the knowlegde you shared. Good luck in life!

txgymfan

Administrator
Staff member
Coach
Proud Relative
Fan
Sep 4, 2008
Houston
Country
USA
I will miss you friend! I understand why you are walking away. Thank you for your support over many many years!

John

Proud Parent
May 5, 2017
Country
USA
Follow your desires. Appreciate all you have done to make this site what it is.

Daffodil

Proud Parent
May 16, 2014
Country
USA
I am very sad to see you go. I have found your advice to be very helpful and have always felt you were honest and upfront in your statements. That has been very appreciated. You will be missed. I wish you all the best.

gymgal

Proud Parent
Aug 22, 2008
Country
USA
We will miss you! Thank you so much for helping to make CB such a successful and informative site

CLgym

Proud Parent
Dec 22, 2014
Country
USA
So sad to see you go -- but happy trails! Enjoy this next chapter....

profmom

Proud Parent
Nov 18, 2011
Region 7
Country
USA
Bon voyage, and thank you for all of your wise counsel over many years. We will all miss you!

NY Dad

Proud Parent
Sep 2, 2016
New York
Country
USA
I understand that it's time for you to move on. You will be missed. Thanks for everything you've done for CB. JBS has some big shoes to fill.

Enjoy the sunset. Even after you've moved on I hope you continue to check in from time-to-time.

Reactions: Aero and txgymfan

Seeker

Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Aug 30, 2012
USA
Country
USA
Will miss you, Bog! Have fun in your retirement!!