Usgtc gymnastics camp?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I get homesick when going to sleep.... is this camp ok for me? Do u learn alot of new skills? Is it funn? oh and do u meet boys(; hahahhahahahaaa. But anyone wanna share their usgtc stories? thanks!! ( the one in south Hadley MA)

My DD had been going there for the past 7 years and loved it!!! there are boys that go to the camp and you can meet them at many of the activities. this year however the price of the camp was raised just too much and didn't fit into our budget so she went to the University of NH camp instead and loved that alot too but she wished it ended on sat instead of Thurs.

At USGTC she loved meeting the big named gymnasts like Nastia, Shawn J, etc. She has alot of the autographs of the biggies over the past 7 years. They also have had big names from mens gymnastics too which my son who was on team loved.

I would recommend it to any gymnast but the dorms don't have AC so it can be hot in there. Only the common room was cool.

My DD attended for the first time this year and loved every minute of it! She worked new skills, polished old ones, met new friends, and had a blast! She can't wait to return next year, and asked to go for two weeks!

Yup that was my DD every year too. when we started out with my son it was onlyl $500 a week and every year it went up last year they also went to the Visa Championships which my DD loved!! that was when it hit $1000 for the week. this year at $1125 for a week it was just too expensive for our budget. My DD was very disapointed but when she went to UNH camp she was very happy. The dorms they use is a hotel that was converted into a dorm. Very up to date and every room has its own bathroom and AC!! She wants to do both next year but I guess Holyoke is just out of reach now so it will be UNH from now on. Which won't really be a bad thing as that is very close to where we live and probably where she will end up going to college in 5 years.

I've been there every summer for a long time, and it's super super fun! All of the girls are really nice, and they play a lot of team game type things throughout the week. I make a TON of friends every year, and have never had a bad week there. It is more fun if you go with some teammates, just so when you first get there you know some people, and have someone to room with. But even if you couldn't go with anyone I guarantee you will make friends. :)

My DD and son never had team mates attend (not that we didn't suggest it to others) and she always made new friends within 20 min of arriving. If you put yourself out there it's easy to make friends. My kids both have friends from all over the country that they are still in touch with today.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back