MAG Vault, an update, Dunno was right

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

sce

Proud Parent
Yes, I said it.

A few yeas ago, I posted a video of my ds vaulting as a new level 6. I just wanted to understand how vault was judged, so it made more sense to me. My kid has always struggled with vault, slow run, not powerful etc. Dunno predicted that eventually he would come into his own. I held onto hope that someone so experienced was right. Then this weekend, I saw it happen. 2 years ago I could not imagine he would be doing flipping vaults by this time. It's not perfect but he's only been landing on hard mat, vs. a mat in the pit, for a few weeks. He placed 3rd, above kids who have been optionals for years.

Yay for him! I think for some kids, they really only get the "run hard" thing when they start training a flipping vault and realize that there's no way they will ever flip unless they generate the momentum through the run. I have a similar pair of videos of my new L9 guy, whose tsuk of death over the summer is finally getting there.

He looks GREAT.

Awesome! My son struggled with vault also for a couple years and last year started doing really well. Once his vault got better he continued to improve.

Reactions: sce
Yes, I said it.

A few yeas ago, I posted a video of my ds vaulting as a new level 6. I just wanted to understand how vault was judged, so it made more sense to me. My kid has always struggled with vault, slow run, not powerful etc. Dunno predicted that eventually he would come into his own. I held onto hope that someone so experienced was right. Then this weekend, I saw it happen. 2 years ago I could not imagine he would be doing flipping vaults by this time. It's not perfect but he's only been landing on hard mat, vs. a mat in the pit, for a few weeks. He placed 3rd, above kids who have been optionals for years.

thank you for the PM! isn't it wonderful to watch that!? :):):)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back