What do you honestly think of Shawn Johnson's floor music?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I like it

I personally quite like Shawns choice of floor routine music, as was said its from the movie August Rush, which she really likes, so i guess it helps her with her rhythm, she said she likes inspirational music too so i guess that plays a big part in it. It was a lot better than her old music, with that Bell begining lol, that looked a little silly lol

I really like it! I think it fits her really well! It also stands out from the crowd :)

I liked Shawn's old floor music, the one from her 2007 routine. Didn't much like the one from 2006 Nats, and I think the new one is not so melodic.

But I love the ROUTINE!

I like the music, not fond of the routine. To me it's, Tumbling pass, arm movement, tumbling pass, hip shake, tumbling pass, leap, more arm movements, final tumbling pass, fall to ground. LOL.

Last edited:
I like the music, not fond of the routine. To me it's, Tumbling pass, arm movement, tumbling pass, hip shake, tumbling pass, leap, more arm movements, final tumbling pass, fall to ground. LOL.

That's what all routines are like now! Bring back originality!

At least in Shawn's other routine she looked like she was enjoying it. Dare I say it, but her current one is kinda boring to watch except for the tumbling.

I reli liked her 2007 worlds one im having that next lol ;) this one is not too bad but she suited her old one it fitted her style and was a bit more exciting

the sad thing is, the song that her music is made from is really gorgeous, and they totally butchered it to make it fit the specifications... i think the cut is pretty awful, but I myself have tried to cut that piece, and its very tricky to make it sound good.

i LOVE her floor music!
its so exciting, and irregular(meaning not like all of the other ones)
its so fun to watch!

I do not like it. It doesn't have a strong melody...and Shawn needs something powerful to back her. She is not delicate, and so her music should reflect that. I was kind of horrified that Marta allowed it, actually!!

i liked it. i think it fits her well.
not very dancy, very powerfull...ya know?

I felt if she had used her original music she would have clinced the gold on floor at the Olympics. But I am just a watcher - what do I know.

me to i totally agree... but shawn is still an amazing gymnast! :) my floor routine music is right now by van halen.. :) ha whats yours?

i don't hate it but feel that a better cut should have been used. her first tumbling pass is huge but the music is pathetic and so quiet! bring back the highway blues i say :)

It's okay.Its not bad,but its not good.
I liked the music she used in 2005 a lot better.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back