WAG What ONE event do you think is “easiest”?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymbeam

Proud Parent
“Easiest” definitely in quotes because obviously they’re ALL hard as hell! :)

But, if you had to guess ONE event which the majority of gymnasts excel at, what would it be?

I would say floor. It's not my daughter's favorite event by any means, but it's the one that she (and the rest of her team) consistently scored high at. And the one where most other teams did too. :) It also seems like it's "easier" to learn higher lever skills on floor compared to other events.

For me personally it was bars. I was a very strong but not very flexible gymnast. Bars was the one apparatus I could really use my strength and my lack of flexibility wasn't really an issue.

But for my gymnasts it is floor. Almost universally my gymnasts are all a significantly higher level on floor than the other apparatus. I think this may just have a lot to do with my own chancing philosophy, as I spend a lot f time developing their tumbling and handstand skills, as I believe this is the core of all their apparatus.

floor is the easiest , because if you are not good at it then Vault and beam will be problematic . :)

I would say floor but I am not a coach. I just think there are so many options to make the event doable, if that makes any sense?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back