MAG Whitlow / Sand Dollar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

SeaActually

Proud Parent
My son is an 11 year old level 4, brand new gymnast. We are going to Whitlow and making a family vacation of it. Not sure what to expect compared to local meets???

We went last year and had a great time. It was a fun meet. Big! There were 2 girls' meets at the same time as ours. Price to get in for parents was high ($25 I think). make sure you get there early so you can get your admission and get him signed in. But it was a great meet!

We went last year! Had so much fun :) It was very expensive to get into the venue! I would also plan for extra time getting him checked in as there was a long wait for us! It was not efficient and there were two places we had to stand in line and this was for the first session.

We had a great time after the week with the team. Did the park hoppers and spent a good amount of time at Disney :)

Great meet, very pricey especially if you decide to go to Disney. Definitely go to downtown Disney for some family fun. There are tones of restaurants, and you can take the Disney bus everywhere for free.
And yes, get there at least 30 minutes before......we always plan on 1 hr. Before and have time to check the venue out.
There is a waiver form you need to sign before you get in.

We had a team dinner there at Planet Hollywood and they were great. We had between 40 and 50 people and they were very accommodating for a large group. They flashed a welcome to our team on the televisions and had a special birthday treat for our birthday girls. The girls had so much fun!

We have been to Sand Dollar a couple of times. I personally think it is a fun meet for the kids to attend because it is a very cool venue, especially if you are not from Florida and don't get to go to Disney often. The medals are pretty cool too. :)

The medals were the best we have ever seen! Dd watched a couple of girls compete the day before and was salivating over the medals which are different types of sea creatures/shells. She said "Oh, I hope I get at least one of those!" Well, she lucked out with a small age group and a good meet and medaled on everything!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back