1st Chalk Bucket's "Unique" Contest

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

You're right! Okay, end of contest! Guess I'll have to enter my skill next year :)
Does anyone wants to create the voting thread?

gym4life123 i dont get it doesnt an arabian flyaway already egsist i have seen olympians do arabian double flyaways!! can you explain it better or something cause you say you do a FRONT flip but go towards the bar but if you go towards the bar you are going backwards i just dont get it lol

so you are doing a normal giant, No reverse grip and like you are going into a backwards/normal flyaway, you are at some point to let go of the bar and you twist so that your stomach is facing the ground and go to a front sault from there and land.

The dismount you are thinking of is the one where you are doing a reverse grip giant let go, there is no twist at the start you you proceed to front sault

see dismount on this routine:
YouTube - Lauren Mitchell - Uneven Bars - 2008 Pacific Rim Championships

gym4life123 i dont get it doesnt an arabian flyaway already egsist i have seen olympians do arabian double flyaways!! can you explain it better or something cause you say you do a FRONT flip but go towards the bar but if you go towards the bar you are going backwards i just dont get it lol

So you swing like in a giant, or a normal fly away. Then you let go, when you let go your back is to the ground, like in a normal flyaway. Then you twist (roll over) so that your stomach is to the ground. Then you initiate your rotation and preform the salto part. I hope you understand this better. Gymgurl explained it right.

Kind of only she starts fliping before rolling over. My version the positions are a lot more defined, you don't tuck until you stomach is faceing the ground, she is tucked before she lets go of the bar. Here you would almost pause between your "log roll" and your flipping.

I want to participate but I think it's really hard to come up with a totally new skill! Maybe if we changed the contest to something else, but since we're all at different levels and have different skills I don't know what we could do...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back