WAG adive needed and highly appreciated: V-Ups and Hollow Rocks?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

mandy

Ok so, I have been pretty interested in gymnastics strength training recently.
When I was younger, I just did what the coaches did with us and I got pretty strong. But after a break in high school, I started again 2-3 years ago and luckily have all my skills back (I was a L7) and do everything for fun now, 10 hours a week. But as I go to open gym and some adults classes, I nearly do all of my strength training at home (usually very second day).

After reading articles, watching gymnasts train and talking to people, I think I figured out how strong the a L7 gymnast should be. (I now, some girls are not strong at all and still have all the skills, whereas other seem tremendously strong. I am just talking about the average, well conditioned L7 girl.)

For Leg Lifts it seems to be somwhere around 15-20, pull-ups around 8-10, a 16ft rope climb without legs, about 15 to 20 dips, some cast handstands etc. (Pls correct me if I am wrong with that!)

Well those are all exercises that are kind of "hard". But what about the millions of Hollow Rocks and V-Ups Gymnasts do?
I can't figure out how many of those I should be able to do in a row as a good L7? They don't say the reps in videos, and I just can't find it anywhere!

I know, the more the better, but what is an average?

At the moment, I would say I am fine with 25-30 V-Ups, 40 is really hard. Hollow Rocks maybe 50, shaking at the last reps.

Can anyone give me numbers? Or a cycle I should be able to do? Like 20 V-Ups, 20 Straddle-Ups, 20 Tuck-Ups, 20 Hollow Rocks in a row without a break?

I would appreciate it a lot!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back