And I thought gymnastics Judging in NC was political

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CoachTodd

Coach
Proud Parent
My daughter does High School cheer and they had a local conference meet. One of the high schools had a large percentage of girls that attend a specific cheer gym in our area and their team always takes first place. I've coached quite a few of those girls so I know they are really good. Having said that, my daughter's team decided to look at their score card to see what they may need to improve on. Apparently, they need to correct skills that they didn't even compete. The judges score card literally had deductions in skills that they didn't do. They had one girls that was their representative for cheerleader of the year. The judged her back tuck pass as a 5 out of 10 on the score card. The bad thing is, she did a full. I don't know a lot about the judging in the cheer world but I'm pretty sure you get more points for competing the highest value skill they're allowed to do. At least the gymnastics judges get the skills right most of the time.

That is so wrong! How can they do that and then the girls know the judges are lying so it must be hard to compete again knowing that.:mad: Is there any recourse?

I myself am a varsity cheerleader and compete with my high school. I have never heard of judging like that! That is ridiculous. I know us as a squad try to get all of our categories in 9-10 range, and tumbling is 9-10 for a full! That would be so frustrating because of trying so hard to get in that range and then they do that to you):

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back