Another L4 meet under her belt.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Well we went to Louisiana (about 3 hours away). We made it a 3 day 2 nighter.
We took the kids to an indoor playground and arcade. We spent hours on sunday in the SciPort museum. They had the Bodies Alive exhibit there. I love that kind of thing. The kids were fasinated by it too.
They had a kids section. And interactive exhibits, and live experiments. It was just really nice. We had fun and it was educational. (expensive, but educational..lol)
She did pretty good at the meet. Improved all her scores again except beam.
First was vault and she rocked it. Best score by far this season. Next was bars. She fell back on her shoot thru. Which she has never done before in a meet. But had her highest bar score this season. Beam, she missed last meets score by .25. She fell off during a turn. But nailed the dismount the first time. (thats two meets now). Floor I was SO proud of her. She slowed it down and took her time. So she did not have all those hobbles, bobbles and extra steps trying to balance herself.
Vault 9.25 (8.7 at last meet, 8.3 first meet)
Bars 7.675 (7.55 at last meet, 7.5 first meet)
Beam 7.6 (7.85 at last meet, 6.4 first meet
Floor 8.35 (8.175 at last meet, 6.7 first meet
AA 32.875 (32.275 last meet, 28.9 first meet)
I have not posted any of her meet videos this season (except the first one), but I think I am going to post her floor from this meet. Im so proud of her. She did a great job. And every meet she does a little better than the one before. Baby steps, but she is moving forward. And she loves what she does. That is all that matters
Next meet is in Fayetteville. Feb 25th. Gonna be another over nighter. Meet does not start till 1-1:30. And it is only a 3ish hour drive. But U of A is competing at a home meet that friday night. So those who can are staying friday night and going to watch some Arkansas gymnastics.

Nice improvement! Wow - that vault must have been great! What a great vault score. Good luck at the next one and have fun watching Alabama.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back