Off Topic Anyone try the Alibaba Chinese trampolines?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Has anyone bought a trampoline from Alibaba? If so, how did it go? Did it work well? How long did it last? Any problems?

IMG_3464.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say that a fair bit of the Chinese 'brand' gymnastics equipment has been popping up in southern hemisphere gyms and a lot of it is cheap knock off's and often requires significant repair/replacement years before the other brands break down. Pay the extra money and get something decent that will last - bonus if it has local support and replacement parts.

I will say that a fair bit of the Chinese 'brand' gymnastics equipment has been popping up in southern hemisphere gyms and a lot of it is cheap knock off's and often requires significant repair/replacement years before the other brands break down. Pay the extra money and get something decent that will last - bonus if it has local support and replacement parts.

Well, I would be getting this just for my personal use, and then using it maybe a couple times a week. If I would get it, I would likely get the springs from a big name company since shipping heavy springs would cost about the same as buying here. The frame, I was thinking of fabricating myself, using 6x6 wood posts with metal L bars and 1/4" wiggle wire.

The 7x14 bed from China is about $600, while from a company here it's $2,800. Quite a big difference. Just thinking since I'm not using it very extensively, if it makes sense to make such a big investment.

Has anyone bought a trampoline from Alibaba? If so, how did it go? Did it work well? How long did it last? Any problems?

View attachment 8814
I have one of these. Works MUCH better than the orginal mat on my acon. Buy them 5 cm smaller each way from your original matt. Buy black. The other colours bleach out. Many are NOT UV stable. Keep them covered if using outside. When the mat is wet it's like jumping on oatmeal.

In a gymnastics centre, they are no bargain. 2-string mats outlast web mats about 5:1. Web mats fail due to them being sewn at each cross point. Those threads saw through the web over time.

String mats are more sensitive to sun. The Ausies paint their outdoor string mats. A coat of paint makes the mat heavier and decreases it's bounce some.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back