Parents Back Hip Circles

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My 5.5 yo is having problems conquering the back hip circle. Her coach has said she still needs work and she's been working on it for months. I've attached a video of her. Any advice? Thanks! (First time posting a link, hope it works)

The key is body tension. She needs to squeeze every muscle in her body super tight as she casts and goes around the bar. She can practice lying on the ground and being super tight. Toes pointed, feet squeezed together, legs straight and squeezed together, core tight etc.

She needs a nice big casts, with a super tight body and to look at the bar and squeeze her arms tight.

It often does take months to perfect gymnastics skills, sometimes even years. Its not easy, they need to remember to use every muscle in their body at the same time, which is super tricky for little ones. She is doing a great job.

The key is body tension. She needs to squeeze every muscle in her body super tight as she casts and goes around the bar. She can practice lying on the ground and being super tight. Toes pointed, feet squeezed together, legs straight and squeezed together, core tight etc.

She needs a nice big casts, with a super tight body and to look at the bar and squeeze her arms tight.

It often does take months to perfect gymnastics skills, sometimes even years. Its not easy, they need to remember to use every muscle in their body at the same time, which is super tricky for little ones. She is doing a great job.
Thank you! How do I tell her what to do with he legs? Or do those just follow through bc of momentum? She's just basically having fun now, so I'm glad, but she does get frustrated with these. She said she's afraid of falling on her back, which makes sense for a kiddo

Most important thing is look at the bar. If she throws her head back, then she may fall back. 90% of the time any falling back is fixed by looking at the bar.

If she stays right her legs will stay as one with her body.

Most important thing is look at the bar. If she throws her head back, then she may fall back. 90% of the time any falling back is fixed by looking at the bar.

If she stays right her legs will stay as one with her body.
Thank you so much for your advice. The problem is always that her hips drop off the bar. Is this because she doesn't cast high enough, or slows way down when the spotter touches her?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back