Behavior Issues in Gym - UPDATE

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

Bella's Mom

Mods, if I should have resurrected old thread, my apologies and please merge.

Anyway, just wanted to give everyone an update since so many people gave me advice and sympathy and kind words.

After the talk between Bella, her coach, the head coach, and me, things really turned around. I waited to see if it was just a fluke, but so far it's been going really well. She's not even had to be reprimanded once, let alone sent home.

We were supposed to do move ups next week, but because of some staffing issues, Bella's had three workouts with her L4 team now and is officially moved up. Night and Day. Her coach and I were talking about it last night and we think it's because she went from Pre-Team, where she was 1 of 3 girls, to L4 where she is 1 of about 8 girls. But she is doing really well so far. Concentrates on what the coach says and works hard. I think that because all of these girls are at least a year older than her and one looks like she's about 9 or 10, that Bella is feeding off the more mature vibe of that group.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know.....

Great news! Sometimes a new group dynamic can make all the difference in the world. I coach a few kids who have me pulling my hair out with some girls and absolute angels with others, finding the perfect fit really helps!
Sounds like you did a great job of letting her know the expectations, I'm sure seeing her hard work translate into a move-up to level 4 was good motivation as well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back