Bigger Baby Bogwoppit update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

As some of you know Bigger Baby Bogwoppit, BBB, had to stop gym/tramp due to spondlylolysis and spondylolythesis in November last year. She had years of lower back pain, tons of physio and restrictions in the gym but never any improvements. She was diagnosed in Nov last year and had MRI and xrays done, she then did six further months of physio, but still is in pain.

We saw an orthopedic surgeon today and he will perform spinal fusion surgery on her in either June or September (this way she can still have a fun summer) she will be in hospital for four days, at home for two weeks and then she can return to school life but abstain from sports for six months.

She is glad to finally have some answers and to know that she should be pain free afterwards.

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! we've spoken. it will remedy the problem. oh happy days!:) too bad about the wait time.

Thanks Dunno, your input certainly helped me with this. It is a big deal but knowing people can do so well after the surgery makes the choice easier. Nothing happens quickly in Quebec, BBB also wants to be able to go to France for all of August this year, and the surgeon is willing to work around that for her. I am honestly hoping for a June date.

I'm sorry that she has to go through surgery...poor kid. But, I'm very happy to hear that the outcome looks good, and yippie for being pain free....and France, too!? Awesome!

That's great news for BBB!! I am so happy for her! unfortunate about the recovery time, just a question, does this mean she can do gymnastics again once the healing process has finished?

SHe will never do gym again, her choice really, but with a lysthtsis (slippage) of the spine gym and tramp are really a bad choice. Others have returned to the sport, but she has no desire and I would not allow it. I think she will do basketball next year of she is healed well enough.

Well that is great news. Hope the surgery goes well and she recovers quickly. healing faries heading your way.

That is great news about the surgery. Hopefully when all is said and done she will pain free :)

Bog, sorry BBB has to have surgery. Never fun. But It sounds like her prognosis & spirits are good. Sending prayers for a successful surgery and a pain free future for BBB.

Glad to hear that she will feel better. We will keep her in our prayers for a successful and speedy recovery :). My oldest who is 13 went out for basketball this year and really enjoyed it. She has not done any sport thing so I was glad she gave it a go and had fun. Hope BBB does too.

Very happy to hear that the surgery will help her be pain free. She is far too young to have to live with pain. Sending lots of positive vibes and thoughts her way for a successful surgery.

That is great that the surgery will help her live her life pain free. She is too young to have to be in pain like that. I'm sure she will do great in whatever she decides to do when the recovery is up!

Great news for BBB - she must be thrilled to just image life without pain! I am hoping & praying that she gets the June date so she can be completely healed for her August trip!

Surgery can be scary for any age, but I am glad that BBB will be pain free and will be able to have an active and healthy lifestyle afterwards. I had back surgery (discectomy of L4/L5) when I was in my late 20's and I am fine now. Still able to enjoy most sports and run around with the kids. I think BBB has the advantage of being a lot younger getting surgery and has time to heal and grow even stronger. Hopefully you can get the surgery scheduled for June.

So sorry BBB has reached the point where she needs surgery. But Im sure it will be such a blessing once all is said and done and she can be a kid again and not have to worry about pain. Please keep us posted on how she does and her progress.

My thoughts and prayers are with your daughter. What a hard thing to have to go through. I can relate since my daughter has recently stopped gym since one of the reasons is from pain the sport was causing her. If she was like my daughter she probally ignored the pain to the point where she should not have and more damage was done, it is hard as a parent who is watching them in the gym thinking everything is okay. Gymnasts have a high pain tolerance and often ignore warning signs. I think only a gym parent would understand this. I hope once she recovers she is able to find as much joy doing other things as she did in the gym and most importantly is pain-free. I hope she is able to have a great summer!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back