Parents But Mommy I was flying

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gwenmom

Proud Parent
Last night on bars as a result of to much power and not enough chalk on sweating hands, DD did what her coach called a unintended 'flyaway' on bars instead of the back hip circle she was attempting. My heart stopped for a second. She flew what seemed like 6ft, hit the mat, rolled to a stop, sat up, grinned and yelled "I'm ok!"

This morning I asked she was feeling and she tells me she has a scrap on her leg from the mat. I said 'You went flying off the bars and you are complaining about a scrap?' Her response was "But Mommy that was flying!"

I think we often are more freaked out by these things than they are. My daughter flew off bars at a meet and I thought for sure she would be done with gym and I wouldn't have tried to stop her. Nope, she wanted to watch the video.

Glad your little one is okay!

LOL as I said in another thread, I knew it would be the flying thing.
I had the same from my dd. I didn't see it, but when I picked her up from training one day her coach came to tell me how she'd had a fly off the bars. I asked in the car what had happened and what she was doing, and told her to be more careful. Her reply. But Mum, I was really flying for a moment.
Her dream is to actually fly, lol, so she thought it was the best thing.

LOL as I said in another thread, I knew it would be the flying thing.
I had the same from my dd. I didn't see it, but when I picked her up from training one day her coach came to tell me how she'd had a fly off the bars. I asked in the car what had happened and what she was doing, and told her to be more careful. Her reply. But Mum, I was really flying for a moment.
Her dream is to actually fly, lol, so she thought it was the best thing.

I actually thought of your response this morning when she said that. You were definitely right

Strange kids we have, hey. But at least we know there is at least one other out there with the same response, lol. And I imagine a number of these gymnasts must feel the same way.

and then we grow up and become coaches ^^^ and we're still a bit strange. show the love! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back