Parents Cait's 2nd level 7 meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I

iggy1988

On Sunday Cait had her second Level 7 meet. It was a meet called Luau in Leos at Kalahari water park in Sandusky. It was a very fun venue for a meet.

Unfortunately on Saturday night, Cait got sick and vomited a few times. We were not sure if she would be able to compete on Sunday. She woke up Sunday morning feeling a little better and she said she wanted to go to the meet. She ate and drank a little on the way there but still didn't feel quite right. We told her coaches to keep an eye out for her and off she went...

Started on bars. Normally, we hate, and so does Cait, when bars is first. I always feel like our gymmies are so hyped up and being hyped up is not a good place to be for the beam. In this case, however, with her not feeling well, it was good to start there..

She was 5th to go and the first 4 girls all fell. I was so stinking nervous that I couldn't watch. Jen videotaped while I stared at the corner waiting to hear awwwws or cheers :D.... Well, we heard cheers, phew... 9.250 and she is off to a good start...

Floor was next. We figured with her being a little weak that this would be the toughest event for her. We were right.... extra steps and an overall lethargic performance netted her an 8.675

Onto vault which, as I have said numerous times before, is normally very solid for her. Again it was, 9.275

Over to bars. Good warmups at first but then casted too high a few times and fell off on her last two warmups. Did great when it counted, 9.075

In summary,
Beam 9.250 - 3rd place
Floor 8.675 - no place
Vault 9.275 - 4th place
Bars 9.075 - 3rd place
AA 36.275 - 2nd place

Two meets down, First AA and second AA. Not too bad, onto Indy in two weeks on Valentine's Day

Thanks for reading...

Sean

Pretty impressive scores for a sicko!:eek: Though maybe it would've been better to stay home with the germs!!!:D:p

Nice AA score and placement.

Great news! I don't know how you can stand not watching though, even if it is beam. Maybe I'm an addict but I don't want to miss a second.

Have fun on your next adventure.
PS How did the team do?

Great news! I don't know how you can stand not watching though, even if it is beam. Maybe I'm an addict but I don't want to miss a second.

Have fun on your next adventure.
PS How did the team do?

I know, I know.. I am a wimp... I can't stand it. I have been better with beam lately but when the first 4 girls fell, I couldn't take it...

The team did not to so hot, unfortunately... We were not in the top 3

Way to go Cait! What a trooper. 2nd AA when you're sick is awesome.

BTW, we did Luau a couple years ago, and strangely had 3 kids from our team and family members get sick there. They were thinking that maybe too much chlorine or something? Friends went there a couple months later and one of there kids got sick also. Maybe there's something to the TOO much chlorine thing.

BTW, we did Luau a couple years ago, and strangely had 3 kids from our team and family members get sick there. They were thinking that maybe too much chlorine or something? Friends went there a couple months later and one of there kids got sick also. Maybe there's something to the TOO much chlorine thing.

Since Caitlyn competed on Sunday, we didn't stay at Kalahari, so that wasn't the origin of Cait's illness. (I've heard of others getting sick at water parks, though.) Our ds threw up once Friday night and had an ouchy stomach, but then he slept well and was fine the next day, just tired and had a bit of a sore tummy once in a while. Caitlyn's appeared Saturday evening, and she followed suit. We really debated whether to take her to the meet or not, but she wanted to go, and she was eating some without a problem, so off we went . . .

Pretty impressive scores for a sicko!:eek: Though maybe it would've been better to stay home with the germs!!!:D:p

Nice AA score and placement.

LOL I agree with Bog! Beautiful scores and placements. :)

But it always drives me crazy when sick kids go to things. LOL. Besides sharing the germs, the possibility of gymmie getting hurt, etc. Eek. :eek: :D

The rest of the interaction between Bog and Iggy just cracked me up. :D

Glad to hear Cait's feeling better! Congrats on the scores and overall placement. She did very well for being under the weather. We were at Kalahari in Sandusky for family holidays this summer. The kids loved it! I felt way overstimulated! Good luck at her next meet!

Wow, she did a great job for being under the weather! Congratulations on a second place finish while still recovering. She surely would have had a better floor routine if she'd felt better. She's off to a great start for her Level 7 season. Glad she is feeling better today.

Meg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back