Coaches-help with vault?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 17723

I had an amazing vault in level 3... 9.5+ consistently, and still have a beautiful vault in level 4 (over the table). I got an 8.9 at the two meets I have gone to, injured in the later meet (hurt knee that Thursday, wasn't supposed to compete but the coaches there didn't know :rolleyes: and I'm not a girl that tells coaches when in pain :oops:o_O I'm a little taller than 5 foot, and was vaulting on 110, although I can go on 115. What's a reasonable vault for a girl that has tons of power of that height? 120? 125? I also am not using my power to block well, I have to take steps when I land. Any tips for better blocks? I have the power just not the technique.
Thanks!

I'm 5'3" and I vault on 130. 125cm is a good height for someone your height. My teammates that are under 5' vault on 115 or 120.

Tell your coaches when you're in pain. They are responsible for you and cannot help you if you do not communicate with them.

Handstand shoulder shrugs against a wall (belly to the wall) and handstand block up to panel-mats are good blocking drills. So are push-up position blocks up and down on a panel mat.

When you block you should feel your ears against your shoulders/arms. Good luck.

I'm 5'3" and I vault on 130. 125cm is a good height for someone your height. My teammates that are under 5' vault on 115 or 120.

Tell your coaches when you're in pain. They are responsible for you and cannot help you if you do not communicate with them.

Handstand shoulder shrugs against a wall (belly to the wall) and handstand block up to panel-mats are good blocking drills. So are push-up position blocks up and down on a panel mat.

When you block you should feel your ears against your shoulders/arms. Good luck.

Thank you! I'm still working on letting the coaches when I am in pain, but i'm not the best at it :oops: I am vaulting on 120 tonight and we are going to try and move it to 125 tomorrow. I will do those drills as well. Thank you!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back