Comp. Season is Starting Soon. Thoughts?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
Competitive season is coming up! Thoughts?

Personally I am over the moon with excitement! I've gotten new skills and routines and I have really improved my form. Now I just need more confidence while competing and I will be all set.

I am sad to see summer training come to close but I am super excited to compete!

Let's hear your thoughts about the upcoming 2011-2012 Competitive Season!

Oh SO excited! :D
I have a white board in my room counting down the workout days, until my first meet! (8!)
Everyday at gym doing a million routines, on all events...
Cleaning up, polishing, and adding attitude to floor and beam!
My casts are getting HUGE on bars!!!
My vaults are blocking off to space, and that makes me so happy cause last season vault was awful for me, and now I am going to kill that event!
Beam is better then ever: Like no joke.. I have the best routine ever..
and well... Floor, is awesome!!!

I KNOW I am going to do great in the AA this season (I did last season too) Everything is so clean, and hitting its vertical..

WATCH OUT!! I am ready to WIN!

I'm really excited for competition season too!! :) Everything is really coming together! I just need to get more consistent on bars and I'll be good to go. I'm also sad to see summer training come to a close, but on the other hand I'm so ready to get out there and compete!

Oh God. Not yet not yet not yet. Well, I still have almost 3 months till our first meet, and 4 months until the season really starts.

Bars: iffy. Not to handstand on my casts, although I'm getting closer. Giants have bents arms. I can connect them to dismounts, though. Haven't done the full routine all together yet.
Floor: just learned my routine so it's ehhhhh, but my dance skills are superspecialawesome and my tumbling actually doesn't suck for once.
Beam: got my acro on the medium beam, yay! My dismount (front 1/1) is now almost all the way around about half the time. I'm able to make skill sets (like the routine but no choreo) on the medium beam that are ok.
Vault: it's a handspring. Who cares? Handspring 1/1 is coming along into the pit, although I haven't been working it in interest of comp. season starting. I wish I had time to learn a tsuk before I graduate, because my timer is good.

All Chalked up..kind of an off topic question for you, what level are you competing this year? I ask because you are in Canada too, and looking at the skills you are working on it makes me wonder, because dd can do 2 of those skills but hasn't even started the vault and only does the ro-bhs-bl on the tumble track so far. They are saying she will compete level 6 or maybe 7 this year.

Thanks for answering a nosey question!

I'm competing Provincial 2 at the first meet, but probably Provincial 3 & possibly, maybe Provincial 4 (eeep!) later on in the season!

Provincial 2 is kinda like Level 5/6. Provincial 3- kinda like 6/7. Provincial 4 is kinda like 8/9. And Provincial 5 is like 10/Elite. We do a lot of uptraining in my gym, since coach doesn't want us to burn out.

My vault is more advanced then the other events so it makes since that she hasn't started working it.

Excited but DD has at least 3 months before first meet. Crossing fingers she has all her L8 skills in place.
Not looking forward to the bleacher butt at the meets but very excited for my DD this season. If she does L7 she should really rock it as she really was up there last season but she is hopeing for L8.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back