WAG Competing alone as an adult

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, I hope this is the correct spot to post this question.
I am an adult getting back into competing, and currently I just train on my own at an open gym, so I am not affiliated with a USAG club.
I've been having trouble registering for meets with out having a proper club, so does anyone know if I would need to create my own "club" and pay that member fee or is there a different way to go about registering?
Thank you! I hope that all made sense.

I believe you have to be registered through a USAG member club and have a registered USAG coach with you at all meets, so I am not sure that is possible to do on your own? Maybe there is a way I don't know about.

I’m not from the US but I assume it’s similar. In that you can’t attend a competition on your own, you need a coach to be with you on the competition floor.

If you can ti d a willing club, they may have a coach who is prepared to take you or take you with their team.

But there would be the added cost of paying the coach and training with them so that they can ensure your skills are at the appropriate level.

I always compete AAU (now as an adult) and you don’t need a gym affiliation or coach. I have both, but I have seen many compete without.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back